- Report: #982926
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Access Travel Network
Access Travel Network672 N. SEMORAN BLVD. #301, ORLANDO, FL 32807 Telephone, Select State/Province United States of America
Access Travel Network ATN SCAM via Telephone marketing, lying & misrepresenting themselves as affiliated with RCI, Telephone, Other
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
He took my credit card information to charge $1788.00 to activate the 12 'getaway weeks' and said that would appear on my credit card statement as being charged to ATN. It actually appears to be charged to CTC with an address of 1300 La Quinta Dr, Ste 2, Orlando, FL 32809-7726.
The two phone calls that followed were from someone named Lilly and another from another woman to verify my credit card number and to remind me to e-sign the contract as soon as possible once they email the contract to me.
The contract (ATN Contract # 4539) came in my email yesterday (12/15/2012) and the contract does not at all match what I was told on the telephone. In fact, it says that Access Travel Network only does advertising and that they don't handle rentals. It also says that there is only a 7 day 'mind changing' grace period and ONLY if the contract is not first signed. In fact the contract states that if the contract is signed, there will be NO REFUND. There is also a 'Fees & Taxes' listing of $717.00, which was not mentioned at all by Mr. Williams on the telephone. And the contract says that all ATN does is advertise and if the property doesn't rent they will re-list the advertising after 90 days IF we inform them that the property doesn't rent. This is not at all what Mr. Williams told me on the telephone. There was no information given by him that this was an advertising contract. He said they were buying 'getaway weeks' from us and that we would get a cashier's check within 60-65 days. He said nothing about advertising or them contacting us to let us do the rest, which is what the contract says.
I did not e-sign the contract. My husband and I read it carefully and began researching the company, Access Travel Network (address per the contract: 672 N. Semoran Blvd. #301, Orlando FL 32807) and found that it is apparently a scam. So I prepared an email response cancelling the agreement, and telephoned both phone numbers provided to cancel the agreement and demand immediate reversal of charges to my American Express account. I left messages at both phone numbers:
Customer Service: 888.451.5547 and
Hassle Free Cancellation Number: 877.253.0718.
There was another phone number that Mr. Williams gave me, which he said is his direct line: 407.205.7060 ext. 7017, I did not call this number because it would be long distance charges.
I informed them via email that I would be notifying the Florida Attorney General's Office with full details, which I have since done. I also informed them that I expect a full refund/reversal of charges to my American Express card within 24 hours, and that I would be contacting AMEX if and when that charge changes from pending status.
Additional information: they spelled my husband's name incorrectly and listed our timeshare ownership incorrectly as well. (Our Wyndham timeshare is not in Orlando, even though that is how they listed it on the contract.)
Also, obviously Michael Williams does not work for RCI, and I was obviously not in one of my smartest moments when I gave out my credit card number over the telephone.
Other inconsistancies from statements made by Michael Williams versus the contract:
1. Mr. Williams stated we would receive a cashier's check for $14.400.00 within 60-65 days and there is absolutely no mention of this in the contract.
2. Mr. Williams said they had corporations ready to use the timeshare weeks, but the contract says they don't arrange rentals at all.
3. Mr. Williams said there is a 180 day money back guarantee, but the contract says there will be NO refund once the contract is signed.
4. Mr. Williams said that the charge of $1788 on my AMEX bill would appear as ATN, but it appears as CTC.
5. There was No mention of advertising by Michael Williams & that is expressly what the contract covers.
6. Mr. Williams said there would be no other fees or charges, yet the contract includes a listing of 'Fees & Taxes' of $717.00, of which I was never informed via the telepone conversations.
7. Mr. Williams said I had to activate the weeks, which is a term that I might expect RCI to use, but the money is not going to RCI, so this is a scam trying to get money from us and RCI will have no record of it, so there are NO RCI getaway weeks or property to rent.
More information: I called the the same telephone numbers again today (12/16/2012) and left another message on the Hassle-Free Cancellation Hotline, but the Customer Service line's voicemailbox was full, so I could not leave a message.
I have also sent email responses to the email address that the contract came from and listed several variables of the president of the company's name in hopes that one of them might be his actual email address, to re-notify them of the Cancellation of the Contract.
I filed a report with the Florida Attorney General's Office via their online reporting mechanism and attached several supporting files, including information from my extensive notes during the phone conversation with Michael Williams and the contract & email from ATN.
I am considering filing a complaint with my local police department next.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Access-Travel-Network/Telephone-Select-StateProvince-/Access-Travel-Network-ATN-SCAM-via-Telephone-marketing-lying-misrepresenting-themselves-982926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)