• Report: #912091

• Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: Roly — Ottawa Ontario United States of America
AceHardwareSuperstore.com
Internet, Florida United States of America

AceHardwareSuperstore.com Looks like the REAL Ace Hardware site, but ISN'T ... BEWARE Internet, Florida

*Consumer Comment: The website belongs to an Ace Hardware franchisee.

Believe me, AceHardwareSuperstore.com is NOT the same as AceHardware.com  Don't be fooled, AceHardwareSuperstore.com appears to be  nothing but a boiler room. I would bet that they don't carry ANY stock whatsoever. They have the red ACE logo, but I still can't find out if they are in fact part of the ACE Hardware group. If they ARE, then I will make it a point to steer people away from ACE in the future. If they AREN't, then how in the nine depths of hell are they allowed to fly the ACE logo??

I was looking for specific hardware items, and found them listed as being IN STOCK at AceHardwareSuperstore.com

Even with the stiff shipping fees, (Florida-Ottawa), the deal was still the lowest price I could find. Again, the items were listed as being IN STOCK and ready to ship immediately.

Seeing the red ACE logo on the site lulled me into a false sense of security, so I divulged my Mastercard info to the site. My Mastercard was billed IMMEDIATELY as per my records.

Instead of receiving the goods about a week later, I got this email stating that the items were a SPECIAL ORDER, and that the shipping cost would double, in effect raising the delivered price from $279 to $389... no way, so I called to cancel. Get THIS - The email stated that I was "required" to provide my CC info "immediately" to the customer 1-800 number. The entire tone of the email was that I was now in the wrong and somehow trying to rip them off if I didn't provide the "reuired" funds MACH SCHNELL...

While I was on hold, I did a quick Google search for AceHardwareSuperstore.com, only to find out that they are quite renowned for ripping people's credit cards off in much the same fashion as they tried with me.

What they tried with me was to definitely state that my order was cancelled, which of course they did, and that they were crediting my credit card, which of course they DIDN'T. I called two days later after speaking to Mastercard and finding out that my card was NOT credited when they said in writing that it was, which was not true, and which in fact constitutes fraud in many states and provinces. Get them to confirm via email that they are crediting your card, you need that at the very least to start a claim with your credit card provider.

I don't know how this site is allowed to be in business at all let alone how they manage to have a working relationship with Visa/Mastercard, because if you take 5 minutes and search them through google, you'll find the internet is littered with the (seemingly) hundreds of their victim's corpses. Don't take my word for it, search for yourself. You will find many many reports of fraudulent advertising on their site, and not surprisingly you will find a few company shills also. You'll be able to spot them instantly, they are that shallow. My story is just one in a long line of identical shipping fee sacms these guys pull apparently daily.

Long story short - bait/switch and inflated shipping scam. Avoid at all costs. They're just hoping that you're too stupid or feeble to try to get your money back .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2012 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AceHardwareSuperstorecom/Internet-Florida-/AceHardwareSuperstorecom-Looks-like-the-REAL-Ace-Hardware-site-but-ISNT-BEWARE-Int-912091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AceHardwareSuperstore.com

The website belongs to an Ace Hardware franchisee.

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

According to the disclaimer at the bottom of their web page, the site is run by a franchisee.  Neither Ace Hardware corporate or any other franchisee are responsible for the content.