Complaint Review: Adams Extract & Spice, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, March 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 22, 2012

• Reported By:Montgomery Illinois
Adams Extract & Spice, LLC
3857 US Highway 90 E Gonzales, Texas U.S.A.

Adams Extract & Spice, LLC Tried to make me deposit $4695.00 check in my account, then call for instructions. E Gonzales Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mystery Shpper Scam uses Adams Extract name

This letter and enclosed check for $4695.00 referenced a recent job search with Consumer Survey Specialists I had made. I am 80 years old and not looking for work.

I was selected to be a "Mystery Shopper". I was to be trained to be a customer service evaluator with a starting salary of $400.00 per week and increased an additional $450.00 after six months. Sounds great, doesn't it?

The evaluations were to take place at stores we all know: Home Depot, Wal Mart, K-Mart, Sears and J C Penney. You will spend money while evaluating and you get to keep what you buy. The first evaluation was to be at any MONEYGRAM location.

Forms were attached to make market responses. I have heard of these scams before, so I was quick to check on-line to confirm my suspicions. To the elderly and gullable, these these situations are very tempting.

Incidently, envelope had a Canadian stamp and French cancelation words accross stamp with words like "Prevent Fraud" stamped on the stamp. Also no return address.

Slug
Montgomery, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adams-Extract-Spice-LLC/E-Gonzales-Texas-78629/Adams-Extract-Spice-LLC-Tried-to-make-me-deposit-469500-check-in-my-account-then-cal-439109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adams Extract & Spice, LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mystery Shpper Scam uses Adams Extract name

AUTHOR: Adams Extract and Spice - (United States of America)

We are so sorry to hear that our company's name and logo, Adams Extracts and Spice was used to try to "scam" consumers. We have received calls from concerned costomers that had received one of these "scam" letter and fake checks, warning us.

Once we had received notice that this old myster shopper "scam" had began to use our Company and Brand name, we immediately posted a warning on our web site to help warn any potential victim. The Link to our warning is listed below.

We have also trained our customer service department to help answer any question about this "scam".

We hope that no customer fell victim to this "Scam" . Thanks to the concerned customer that reported this to the RipOff report. We will begin to use this tool in the future to help warn consumers in the event we are targeted in another scam attempt.

agents