Complaint Review: AdvantagePlus Mastercard

• Submitted: Fri, August 06, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2004

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
AdvantagePlus Mastercard
Richmond, Virginia Nationwide U.S.A.

AdvantagePlus Mastercard rip-off! Richmond Virginia

On August 3, 2004, I was contacted in my place of employment by a company calling itself AdvantagePlus saying I had been approved for a credit card $2,500 limit.

They said I had applied recently and had been reconsidered. They asked for my checking account number (they said to verify their records) and social security number. They promised to send me a card valued at $2,500 and would deduct my checking account 2 weeks later for their processing fee $339.

They volunteered a PIN number to use on the card to make cash advances and an 800 number to call. I did give them the information. However, after thinking about the matter, I called them back within minutes. The phone number was bogus and I was unable to contact them.

I immediately went to my bank and closed the account suffering no loss, thankfully. However, I wanted to report these people. The man actually had the nerve to say "have a blessed day" at the end of his conversation while he was scamming me.

Totally calloused and without conscience these people are. I look on the Internet to find them and, of course, there is nothing to be found. WATCH OUT FOR ADVANTAGE PLUS MASTERCARD!!

Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2004 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AdvantagePlus-Mastercard/nationwide/AdvantagePlus-Mastercard-rip-off-Richmond-Virginia-102422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AdvantagePlus Mastercard