Complaint Review: Alibris.com

• Updated: Thu, October 15, 2009

• Reported By: Lynn — Mesa Arizona USA
www.alibris.com Internet United States of America

Alibris.com Allowing sellers to commit fraud on their website! Internet

I purchased once before from Alibris.com, and the experience was terrible.  The only reason why I went on their website again was because Amazon was sold out of the book I needed.  I ordered a book order #(31700583) Sept. 24th, 2009 from an independent seller.  Allegedly the book was shipped Sept. 29th, I'm only 1 state away, to this day, I still haven't received the book.  I contacted the seller a few days ago, and I have yet to hear from them.  Stay away from "First Edition Barn Book."  I did an full research on this company, and they don't even exist.  I immediately contacted Alibris.com to let them know, requesting a refund, and booting this fake company off their website.  Where Alibis has lost all credibility with me, I send all this information about the fake company to them, they send me a response back apologizing, promising a shipping refund, but telling me to wait for 30 days for the book.  I just told them these people don't exist, and they're telling me to wait 30 days....UNBELIEVABLE!  So now I have to pursue this matter with my credit card company to get my money back, Meanwhile, "First Edition Barn Book" is still "selling" books on Alibris.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 01:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alibriscom/internet/Alibriscom-Allowing-sellers-to-commit-fraud-on-their-website-Internet-509530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alibris.com