Complaint Review: All Seasons Travel And Resorts - Astar Travel

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 24, 2006

• Reported By:Syracuse New York
All Seasons Travel And Resorts - Astar Travel
3550 Buschwood Park Drive Suite 295 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

All Seasons Travel And Resorts - Astar Travel Ripoff Scam Fraud Tampa Florida

I was contacted at the beginning of August about a trip that I supposedly "won" in a drawing. I was told that the trip was at a reduced price, which was equal to the taxes that would be paid on a free trip. The sales person explained that since the federal government charges a prize tax on any winnings, they require the winners to pay a reservation fee equal to the taxes you would have otherwise paid, so that the money goes to them to recouperate some of their costs, instead of going to taxes. I was told, however, that I must claim my prize and pay the fees on the phone then and there or I lose it. I regrettingly agreed, and paid $698.

I was told the trip voucher would be good for 18 months at which time I could call and request an extension of another 18 months if I needed it. My wife called to request an extension at which time she was told it would be another $150 to get an extension, which was a complete surprise. It was at that time that I requested a refund due to their failure to provide notification of this "extension fee". The trip was sold to me under the presumption that I would have three years to use it. This was completely false. I either have the option of paying them an additional $150 or they get to keep my $698 at a cost to them of a phone call and a few pieces of paper, this is presuming that they actually do honor the vouchers. I have performed extensive research into this company, and I have confirmed widespread misconduct on their part involving illegal or unfair sales practices, unfair pressure tactics, refusal to grant refunds, and in many cases, neglect to provide the services promised. In this case, misrepresentation of the fees associated with the prize, the pressure tactics, the lie that I was selected as a winner in a drawing, are all violations of federal trade regulations

James
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Seasons-Travel-And-Resorts-Astar-Travel/Tampa-Florida-33618/All-Seasons-Travel-And-Resorts-Astar-Travel-Ripoff-Scam-Fraud-Tampa-Florida-177864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Seasons Travel And Resorts - Astar Travel