Complaint Review: Alliance One Corporation

• Submitted: Fri, August 08, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Pleasanton California
Alliance One Corporation
6565 Kimball Drive #200 Gig Harbor, Washington U.S.A.

Alliance One Corporation 8 year old warrant with 12% interest Gig Harbor Washington

*Consumer Comment: Joe Citizen

While traveling I was stopped through customs for having a warrant. With numerous phone calls and contacts, I was informed that Alliance One Corporation has my debt. That this company is a collector for the courts. That since the 9/11 incident all debts to courts become warrants.

This debt became a warrant in October, 2000. I have been the one contacted them and called several times. Was told at one time to call back in a few days because it was the end of the month closing and they were swamped. I was the one that provided them all my information to take care of this. When I contacted Alliance they told me that my original restitution cost of $4,300.00 is now $9,000.00. That I would have to pay the full amount. When I indicated that I would be willing to pay off the original amount; they told me "no". That the courts do not want to settle.

I have traveled numerous times and was not stopped through customs until this last March. Alliance One has not contacted me, searched for me, tracked me down, called me, garnished wages or anything like other collection agencies. I also agreed to pay their fees along with the original debt amount and they said "no".

Currently, my debt is a warrant; and has been on the Alliance One books collecting 12% since the year 2000. I am not able to quash this warrant until it is completely paid off. Why do I have to pay the interest amount for them not doing their job? I have had a few other collection agencies make arrangements or settle but I can't afford $9,000.00.

Sephie
Pleasanton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2008 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alliance-One-Corporation/Gig-Harbor-Washington-98335/Alliance-One-Corporation-8-year-old-warrant-with-12-interest-Gig-Harbor-Washington-360829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alliance One Corporation

Joe Citizen

AUTHOR: Joe Citizen - (U.S.A.)

Why didn't you pay your bill in 2000 when you got it then you wouldn't have to complain about the interest. You are an adult and you have to be responsible for keeping track of your obligations.