- Report: #140151
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Allied Grant Writers Of America
Allied Grant Writers Of America1700 E. Desert Inn Rd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
Allied Grant Writers Of America ripoff Las Vegas Nevada
1. November 10, 2004 I contracted for Allied Grant Writers of America (1 888 214-7268) to research and produce detailed writing grant source information and assist in the writing of a grant request. I first spoke with Barb ----- at extension 238 and later with her supervisor Connie -----, extension 235. This research cost me $613.95 dollars with tax.
During this time I was also assigned a rep by the name of John Martinez (1 877 373-6383 ext 251). I did a Business Plan and a Letter of Intent and submitted those to him.
2. Prior to receiving the original information I contracted for I was contacted again by Barb and she was very excited telling me that a preliminary look at my Business Plan virtually ensured that they could get me a grant of $40K to $50K if I was to put up another $2500 and their company would write the grant.
I was hesitant but after speaking with Adam Mangabong of Allied I decided to do it. I paid the $2500 on 23 November 2004 via an electronic check.
Shortly afterwords I received what was supposed to be the original information agreed on. I could have gotten the same information from the net. There was no detailed specific information for writers grants as I was led to believe I would receive but I was in it now.
3. I last heard from a Mr. James Farias of Allied on February 8, 2005 requesting additional information from me and ensuring me that all was tracking and that they had been backlogged and the Tsunami was causing delays. I have not heard from them since and all phone numbers that I have for Allied no longer work nor do they reply to e-mail. It's like the company has picked up and
4. Summary. I was always raised to beleive that if someone owed me something and they move without contacting me then it's not good. Allied used the radio airways, the phone, the US mail and the internet with me in their transactions across state lines which is why I included the FBI in the address line of a memorandum I sent out. If they have closed up shop then I feel I have been had. Of recent a number of bad reports have surfaced on the net about them so I have a bad feeling that I HAVE BEEN had!
5. I notified the State Attn Generals Offices in NC and NV as well as the FBI in NC. I urge all others to do them same, not just in their state but Nevada as well!
Raeford, North Carolina
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2005 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Grant-Writers-Of-America/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Allied-Grant-Writers-Of-America-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-140151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.