Complaint Review: Allied / Nationwide Insurance Co

• Submitted: Thu, February 06, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, August 29, 2004

• Reported By:Exeter California
Allied / Nationwide Insurance Co
701 5th Ave. Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

Allied / National Insurance CoAllied / Nationwide Insurance Co Company Rip-off claimed (have recorded message) that my reimbursement account was paid in full NOW THEY ARE SUING ME FOR $7000! Des Moines Iowa

*Author of original report: Continued Mess: They still want to stick me with the lawyer & court fees

The company returned my payment for a medical reimbursement totaling just over $7,000. I called several times to inquire what happened... Over a month latter I recieved an answer machine message stating that my account was paid in full and was now closed.

About 6-8 months latter they called again demanding payment. They have since hired a lawyer and are now taking me to court for $7,300 + interest and legal fees. They have never billed me once. They claimed it was not owing.

Now they have changed their mind and think they can just pressure me into paying up. The lawyer wrote last year stating he wanted the entire payment in full within seven days.

No payments. 7k in full! I started making payments. And have made payments since last year. But now they are taking me to court over the remainder (I assume as they have not once acknowledged payment). jon harrell

Jon
Exeter, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2003 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Nationwide-Insurance-Co/Des-Moines-Iowa-50391/Allied-National-Insurance-CoAllied-Nationwide-Insurance-Co-Company-Rip-off-claimed-ha-44412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied / Nationwide Insurance Co

Continued Mess: They still want to stick me with the lawyer & court fees

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

They have finally agreed to allow me to pay payments, and I have been for the last year - however - They still want to stick me with the lawyer & court fees that they instigated an occured when trying to "sue" me. (I was never hard to reach, and was wanting to negotiate a payoff. They were not. They are still hard to ever talk to and still are be hard headed. I don't think that I should bear their burden of uneccesary court fees.