Complaint Review: Al's Ultra Car

• Updated: Sat, October 11, 2008

• Reported By:St Stephen NorthWest Territorie
Al's Ultra Car
2086 Ocean Westway St John, New Brunswick Canada

Al's Ultra Car Buyer beware!!!What you buy may not be what you are actually paying for. St John New Brunswick

*Consumer Comment: This company saved my pocketbook!!

I went to Al's Ultra Car to purchase a 2001 Chrysler Intrepid with 2001 Ford Windstar Van to use as trade.The deal was made on January 12th 2008 with 500$ deposit. I actually got the 2001 car for 5995$.I was told by the salesmen that there was a different motor in the car I was assured that it was in fact a 2001 or newer moter.

A month went by and I needed to make repairs to my car with new brakes etc.Then the timing chain tentioner went on the car this is where I found out that the motor in my car was in fact a 1998 motor. Nobody could tell me any information on this car or the motor! I had the car for a total of 7 months when the motor seized.

I again went to Al's Ultra Car and was told that even though this car was sold to me under false pretences the only thing that they were willing to do was to get me another motor at there cost price and have it put in by there mechanic again at there cost price. My reaction to this was why on earth would I trust them a second time when they told me in the first place I was buying a 2001 car when in fact I purchased a 1998 car!!!

Patricia
St Stephen, NorthWest Territories
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2008 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Als-Ultra-Car/St-John-New-Brunswick-E2H-5H6/Als-Ultra-Car-Buyer-bewareWhat-you-buy-may-not-be-what-you-are-actually-paying-for-St-368973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Al's Ultra Car

This company saved my pocketbook!!

AUTHOR: Wyred4sound - (Canada)

I'm sad to hear you had a bad experience with this company - I've had nothing but good from them! I purchased a 2005 Dodge Ram from them last year and was actually on Google looking to find their website to look up a car for my wife when - to my suprise - saw this report. They really went out of their way to help me (at the time a student) to find something affordable.

I spoke with Clay (awesome salesperson) and told him I was looking for a truck in the 5-8000 dollar range. He showed me this one and I fell in love. I have had to get the general (expected) maintainence done over the past year, but otherwise have had no issues with the car - or this company - whatsoever.

I work for a service company (who's also listed on this site) and can tell you that out of the thousands of people we help, there are always going to be a few who don't feel they get what they deserve. I trust that this company treats all of their customers the same (just as mine does), but unfortunately that's not good enough for everyone. By the way, St. Stephen as in New Brunswick - not Northwest Territories??

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC