Complaint Review: Amazon.com

• Submitted: Wed, June 04, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 04, 2008

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Amazon.com
www.Amazon.com Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Amazon.com Amazon.com UnFair Seller Policies, Unfair to Sellers, Amazon Fraud Seattle Washington

I was an Amazon.com seller for over a year before I had my account deleted. Amazon.com allows negative feedback that doesn't address the sellers performance, such as "I HATE THE ITEM, ITS NOT WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS." This is obviously the buyer's problem.

Amazon.com gives buyers anything they want at the expense of the seller. The seller must bear all of the burden and the buyer can get away with anything. I'm not exaggerating, this is the truth. You are at the mercy of your buyer.

Most of the customer returns I got at Amazon.com were items that the customer claimed would not power on, but when I got them back I tested them and they powered right on. Amazon.com customers are the dumbest buyers on the planet. If you can't find the power button, don't buy it.

Amazon.com does not honor your policies, such as 15% restocking fee, buyer cooperation in a USPS shipping damage claim, or any other policies you would normally use to protect yourself.

DO NOT SELL ON AMAZON.COM

I bought insurance from USPS against shipping damage, and one time a buyer of a $300 item said it wouldn't power on (another dumbass). So I told him we need to go through the claims process and they said they would not cooperate. Amazon.com emailed me and said they did not have to do a claim, and that I had to accept the return and give them a full refund.

Under this policy, it does not matter if you purchase insurance, because in order to get your money, the USPS requires that the buyer cooperates in the claim. If they don't, you're out.

Also, this means that the buyer can break the item and return it to you and get a full refund.

DO NOT SELL ON AMAZON.COM

I deleted my account and did not send the refund.

Aeroz
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2008 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amazoncom/Seattle-Washington/Amazoncom-Amazoncom-UnFair-Seller-Policies-Unfair-to-Sellers-Amazon-Fraud-Seattle-Wash-337075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com