occasions

• Reported By:Tampa FL
America Online
Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

AOL is a TOTAL SCAM!

I had AOL dial-up service for about a year. Their rates went up several times and they didn't bother to tell me, just deducted it from my checking account. Okay, whatever, I can live with that. As time passed, I decided we'd like to have AOL Broadband, so I got the DSL modem. After hours of talking on the phone to AOL and then the computer company Hewlett-Packard AND after buying expensive cable that AOL said I needed, it was determined that the service was incompatible with my computer. AOL assured me that I would never be billed to Broadband service that I never received. WRONG! Every month for three months, I was billed for regular AOL service AND Broadband High-Speed Access. I called, e-mailed, begged, threatened and yelled at them to no avail. Each time I called, I'd be transferred three times or more. To make this short, I finally put a stop-payment on any further ACH deductions from my checking account and sent them an e-mail telling them to KEEP their inferior service. (I WAS NEVER REIMBURSED FOR THE THREE MONTHS I WAS CHARGED FOR BOTH SERVICES!) AOL is a big rip-off!

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on AOL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/Tampa-Florida/AOL-is-a-TOTAL-SCAM-13288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online