Complaint Review: America Online

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, August 28, 2003

• Reported By:emeryville California
America Online
AOL.COM , internet U.S.A.

America Online Aka AOL Runaround, ripoff, aol scum! Useless techs! Internet

I faxed a cancellation to aol in May 2003 and giving them the benefit of the doubt, accepted the June loss of $23.90.

August 28,2003, I noticed that there was still a debit for July and August on my bank statement. I called my aol and was on the phone for 3 hours trying to get my money back. They refused so I ended up having to close my visa account to be sure they no longer deduct this amount.

The techs were rude and non sympathetic. I even asked if there was a policy re: incomplete info for cancellation. Useless!

emeryville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2003 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/America-Online/internet/America-Online-Aka-AOL-Runaround-ripoff-aol-scum-Useless-techs-Internet-66304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America Online