Complaint Review: American Agencies - SBC

• Submitted: Tue, August 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 24, 2004

• Reported By:Emporia Kansas
American Agencies - SBC
P.O. 2829 Torrance, California U.S.A.

American Agencies - SBC bill ripoff Torrance California

In January 2003, I suddenly received a phone call from American Agencies claiming I owed $502 plus interest (which is now up to $300) from an unpaid SBC bill. I recognized the amount, which had been paid in 1998... I still have a copy of the check! I advised "Miss Luna" that the bill had been paid over 5 years ago and that there must be a mistake. She said she would check into it and call me back. Five months later she called acting as if we had never discussed the fact the bill had already been paid. I told her I would send her the copy of the check, however she said that wasn't good enough, that I could be sending her anything.

I demanded that she contact SBC to officially determine my billed had been paid and she agreed to contact them. Still she proceeded to call me every few days and we'd go through the same story EVERYTIME! Six months later she up and said that SBC reported no payment was ever made... after I had yelled at her for having to go through the same story AGAIN.

As this has been going on for over a year and a half, I offered to pay the original amount just to have it removed from my credit report and asked if they would remove the interest. They refused saying that this was my obligation. What the heck am I supposed to do? They won't accept proof of payment and they are refusing original payment... AFTER I have already paid!!!!

Previous to reading this I had done research on the statute of limitations as I found it odd that they would still be able to call me after almost 6 years. When I confronted them regarding their violation, they said the statute of limitations was 7 years in California (?)and I could try to sue them but it would not work.

After reading all of these cases I will clearly not be paying them anything. I tell you, that Miss Luna plays dumb to get another story out of me and suddenly she turns to a witch demanding my money and insulting my character.

I truly hope this doesn't haunt me for the rest of my life. I intend to do whatever it takes to get them out of my life

Elizabeth
Emporia, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2004 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Agencies-SBC/Torrance-California-90509/American-Agencies-SBC-bill-ripoff-Torrance-California-105247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Agencies - SBC