Complaint Review: American Income - Altig International

• Submitted: Mon, June 20, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2005

• Reported By:Brookdale Minnesota
American Income - Altig International
15440 Bel Red Rd Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

American Income - Altig International Will employ anyone for $200, ripoff! Redmond Washington

*UPDATE - Rip-off Report Investigation: Altig International has joined the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program and a Rip-off Report independent investigation. Altig International has made a commitment to 100 percent resolution of all legitimate complaints. Altig International agrees with Rip-off Report that even one complaint is one too many.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: American Income will hire anyone with a resume

I've been reading some of the reports regarding American Income / Altig International. I think it's amazing that a company like this can still be operational. I'm not sure, but I think there are some serious moral and ethical laws being broken by this company.

I know some things about the way they do their "hiring" or "recruiting" (not sure which they prefer), and it seems strange that they claim to uphold "Honesty, Trust and Integrity" when they are basically lying to anyone who happens to walk in for an interview. They promise you will make lots of money while you are helping people.

All you have to do is endure a "3-step interview process" which is really just a sales pitch. You pay them $200 (I believe they refer to that as administration fees) then acquire your Life and Health License (another $400 or so depending on each state), go through roughly 6 weeks of UNPAID training, and then once you're trained, work for 100% commission! The American Dream at it's absolute best! And talk about integrity...

I feel sad for all the people who are truly brainwashed into believing what this company tells them.

J
Brookdale, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2005 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Income-Altig-International/Redmond-Washington/American-Income-Altig-International-Will-employ-anyone-for-200-ripoff-Redmond-Washing-146808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Income - Altig International

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

American Income will hire anyone with a resume

AUTHOR: Melvin - (U.S.A.)

I fell for their interview process hook, line and sinker in June 2004. I received their email (form letter) from the State Director (actually the office assistant) that they saw my resume on monster. Anyways, to make a long story a bit shorter, like many others I was forced to work 7 days a week 70-80 hours a week deceiving union members into believing that I was just coming by to drop off their free-union benefits. I worked there for about 3 months before realizing that lying and deceiving people in order to make $$$ is not worth it. The final straw that caused me to finally speak up on this site was that I received an email last week that stated verbatim (except for the ***):

Hi, my name is S**** G**** and I am the State Director for American Income. I saw your resume on the internet and felt that I should contact you immediately. Our company currently has openings for several outstanding

individuals like you.

If you are an individual seeking a financially rewarding position with a company that is part of the Torchmark Corporation (TMK), a top Forbes 400 company that truly believes in honesty, integrity and trust, then I would like to speak with you. Please call my office at

(832) ***-**** so we can schedule an interview.

Best regards,

S**** G****

American Income

The funny thing is that is if he took 30 seconds to skim my resume it would be obvious that I worked with them last year. The bottomline is the American Income doesn't care to whom they send their emails. Please keep this in mind if they ever send you an email like this or from of their MANY sister companies