• Report: #319208

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2008

• Reported By:Mt. Airy Maryland
Ameritrust
ameritrust.com Dunedin, Florida U.S.A.

Ameritrust Ripoff company Dunedin Florida

*Author of original report: Maybe Ameritrust Financial should file complaint

*Consumer Comment: Small difference, but big difference

I was scammed out of money from this company, when I realized that it was not a legit credit card I tried to cancel the account. This was done an 1 1/2 after talking to one of their reps. The rep I talked to when I called back was named Linda she told me that it was to late for canceling my account that I needed to cancel 48 hours prior to start of service.

I told her I was not aware that service was to start soon that I just was contacted by a man named Jim who opened the account but did not explain all services and cancellation to me. I asked if there would be a cancel fee she said I could not cancel service and hung up on me. I called back got Linda again (strange got same exact person and not another call center person) that got me thinking one person operation, scam I told her I wanted to cancel or I will report their practice she stated legally I could do nothing I gave all information willingly to them.

I tried to explain that things were fraudentlently explained to me. She got disconnected from me, I then went to my bank and spoke with a representative of my bank who helped me try to contact this ameritrust again. No response from their end. She looked them up on internet we found many fraud reports, she helped me close my bank account and open new account, unfortunately some funds from ameritrust tried to go through and got returned due to I did not have enough in my account for the payments they wanted anyway. So I ended up with 2 bounced checks, my bank refunded me fees had me fill out a fraud form, my bank fees were refunded to me I heard no more from company.

Now that was back in Oct 2007, now in March 2008 I get a letter from an accredited check recovery place based on the checks that got bounced from ameritrust who explained to me I had to 2 days to pay fees and bounced checks or else I would be prosecuted and put up to 5 years in jail. I contacted my bank and was told that because these did go through as bounced they do have right to come at me for check fraud, but I found out if I would of filed a police report that could of gotten out of paying for fees and for checks.

]I was afraid of getting my credit report a bad remark and didn't want the check situation to show as I never had this done before. But I was in a bind and had no where else to turn as I could not afford a lawyer at this time. So I called back check recovery place and paid the fees and what I owed and it totaled $708.00 which is far more than anyone else that got ripped by this company. Basically if I would not of had the checks bounce I would of only been out 200.00 rather than 708.00 now. But this company is a rip off and I have filed a complaint with the BBB. And to further help me the check recovery place gave me the name and full address of Ameritrust. Basically they have heard what I told them about this company many times before already. But they were more helpful to give me information on them then anyone else.

Mlaw
Mt. Airy, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrust/Dunedin-Florida-34697/Ameritrust-Ripoff-company-Dunedin-Florida-319208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrust

Maybe Ameritrust Financial should file complaint

AUTHOR: Mlaw - (U.S.A.)

The website and information posted was given per statement from Ameritrust Financial that I have file complaint about. Problem is they are giving out Ameritrust Mortgage as information to contact them in unfairness to the Mortgage company consumers like me are given their information. I relized now that they are no where conected after further research, but the Ameritrust Financial is at fault giving false representation stating their home company is Ameritrust Mortgage. Blame Ameritrust Financial not me for false accusations.

Small difference, but big difference

AUTHOR: Please Update Your Post - (U.S.A.)

I am a major proponent of a site like this. I believe consumer awareness is the key to fair trade. However, if we're not careful, we risk putting the livelyhoods of innocent, ethical, and well meaning people at risk. It seems as though many people have had issues with Ameritrust Financial, and I'm sorry for that. Reading these posts makes you realize how many people in the business world have no concern for their fellow American's well being.

However, this particular post is directed at the wrong Ameritrust and that's just plain dangerous. The company this person has an issue with is Ameritrust Financial, but the name of the company and the website of the company provided on this post is for Ameritrust Mortgage. They are two completely different companies with no affiliation whatsoever. If you bothered to look at the website that you posted, it goes to a mortgage company based out of Charlotte North Carolina. They have only one office, which is in NC, not Florida.

Please, in the future, if you are looking to spread negative publicity, make sure its for the right company. These people, who we can only assume are honest and ethical, are trying to provide for their families. If these people speak to a potential client, who then does their homework and finds your post, they may not do business with the honest, ethical employee of a well meaning company because of false information. Don't put yourself in the same category as those who take money out of innocent peoples pockets, and food off their tables.

Again, I believe that the more consumers do their homework, the less of these posts there will be. Let's just make sure the general public is getting the right information to study. Thanks for your understanding, and good luck!