Complaint Review: Ampco Parking Denver

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Ampco Parking Denver
ampcosystemparking.com Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Ampco Parking Denver Blatant Disregard for Facts and Customer Service Denver Colorado

*Consumer Comment: This happened to me AND a friend

On Friday, February 8, 2008, I parked in Ampco's lot at 18th and Lincoln. I paid by debit card, placed my ticket on the dash (per the instructions printed on the ticket) and went to work. When I returned to my car that evening, there was a ticket for $67.50 ($7.50 for the original parking charge, which I had paid, and $60 in fines for non-payment) on my windshield.

Ironically enough, it was right over my parking receipt.

I went immediately back to the office and called the number on the back of the ticket (303-573-8121) and was put through to someone's voice mail. I left a message explaining that not only was the ticket in error, but I had the receipt with the date, time, stall number, authorisation code and the last four digits of my debit card on it. I also explained that I was going out of town on business Tuesday, February 12th and would therefore appreciate a call back Monday. As the voicemail message clearly stated they would get back to me within 24 hours, that shouldn't have been necessary.

Of course, nobody called. Monday at 4:50 pm, I called back and spoke to the receptionist. I said, "I left a message Friday, but nobody has returned my call. I'm leaving tomorrow for the rest of the week. Is there anybody there who can actually talk to me and tell me what I need to do to get this cleared up?"

She said, "You'll have to hold."

And hold I did. After ten minutes, I decided to call back, and got a message saying they had closed for the day. The receptionist PUT ME ON HOLD and LEFT FOR THE WEEKEND. There was an option to dial an extension and leave a message (someone named "Eric") so I did. I told him I was trying to clear up their mistake, I had called more than once, I had been ditched by their receptionist and I was furious.

I returned to the office this morning, Monday, February 18, and... no reply from Ampco Parking.

Ampco is not answering their phones today. It's President's Day, but I doubt that means they aren't checking their lots to be sure they're getting their money.

I have all the proof I need -- receipt, bank statement, etc. -- what do I have to do to get this cleared up? Ampco, apparently, will never tell me. If this goes to collections, Ampco will find themselves in a world of hurt because I will go off the deep end and I will fight them to the death over the issue.

Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2008 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ampco-Parking-Denver/Denver-Colorado-80212/Ampco-Parking-Denver-Blatant-Disregard-for-Facts-and-Customer-Service-Denver-Colorado-309764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ampco Parking Denver

This happened to me AND a friend

AUTHOR: Readytofightback - (United States of America)

My friend, you are not alone.

In March 2011 I also parked in an AMPCO spot over the Greyhound bus station as I do nearly every day.  I paid with a debit card.  I displayed the receipt in the window as indicated.

I got a ticket, disputed it, and sent them a copy of my receipt, the parking violation notice, and a copy of my bank statement.

I didn't hear anything for a couple of months and then a lawyer contacted me saying I better pay the $75.

I am about to have my lawyer contact them and threaten to sue.  It appears to be a corrupt shakedown scheme to increase revenues.

The same week it happned to me it also happened to a friend at work, in the exact same lot!