Complaint Review: Amy Lindaman Heitland

• Updated: Fri, August 02, 2013

• Reported By: Gale Cox — Teague Texas
Amy Lindaman Heitland
1841 255th st. Sheffield, Iowa USA

Amy Lindaman Heitland Buyer BEWARE, have vet check for soundness. You should be ashamed. Sheffield Iowa

On July 3rd of 2013 I bought a horse from Amy Lindaman Heitland that was sold as "100 percent safe for anyone and sound". Loaded him in my trailer at roughly 8-9 pm. When I asked her about the horses diarreah she told me he had a change of food and not to worry about it. When I asked about his cough and runny nose she said she had just brought him down from Iowa and he had some allergies goin on. Both excuses sounded reasonable to me as my knowledge is limited on horses. She told me she had forgotten his coggins and health papers and she would pop them in the mail the very next day.Instead, she cut off all contact.Ive called texted and messaged her on facebook all to no avail. The day after I brought the horse home he was falling down. Called a vet out to find out the horse had a raging infection. He was treated on the 5th of July. Within a couple of days he was then bleeding out of his nose and lost his appetite. I then took him to a vet that specializes in horses and he took blood and found he had been sick for quite sometime( at least 2-4 weeks) prior to me buying him. He had equine influenza and strep that turned into something called purpurea. The horse vet took care of him tirelesly for several weeks befor having to finally put him down yesterday. We also found that he had had his feet professionally doctored to mask major issues. I am pursuing legal action and I need anyone who has purchased sick or injured horses from this woman to contact me at (((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amy-Lindaman-Heitland/Sheffield-Iowa-50475/Amy-Lindaman-Heitland-Buyer-BEWARE-have-vet-check-for-soundness-You-should-be-ashamed-1072401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amy Lindaman Heitland