Complaint Review: Anderson Fin Network/Bloom

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:Port Allen, Louisiana
Anderson Fin Network/Bloom
404 Brock Dr. POB 3097 Bloomington,, Illinois U.S.A.

Anderson Fin Network/Bloom Credit score being lowered for Alltel balance we do not owe! Bloomington, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Can't you find out who is filing that claim against you and then demand they prove their claim?

I had a cell phone with Alltel and decided to change to another carrier with better service. The account was paid in full with no remaining balance. My daughter asked if she could take the account so she would not have to pay a deposit. My daughter went into Alltel and the account was closed out and changed over to her name and address and she received all bills. Evidently Alltel failed to change the Social Security number to my daughters, when she gave them her information. Later when she closed her account and changed companies Alltel said there was a balance on the account and turned it in on my name and SS number. I checked with my daughter she said she received her final bill and had a zero balance when she left. She even called Alltel and they told her she had no balance with them. When this first showed up on my credit (early in 2000) I called Alltel and they could find no record of my account, or find anything showing I had a balance with them at all. I asked for a itemized listing of charges, and the company could not provide it. I have tried for a number of years to have this removed from my credit report, and about every three years the charges are refiled and the amount owed is raised. I have no idea what I can do to have my credit cleared.

Jerry
Port Allen,, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anderson-Fin-NetworkBloom/Bloomington-Illinois-61702-3097/Anderson-Fin-NetworkBloom-Credit-score-being-lowered-for-Alltel-balance-we-do-not-owe-Bl-340675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anderson Fin Network/Bloom

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

I thought the credit service would have to list the party filing the claim.

Then look around here to see how others have delt with third party debt collectors because I suspect that Alltel sold your, or your daughter's, "account balance".... maybe before the account was finally settled .