Complaint Review: Appera Whitening

• Submitted: Wed, March 16, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 16, 2005

• Reported By:Claremont California
Appera Whitening
1000 N. Bristol Street, Ste. 202 Newport Beach, California U.S.A.

Appera Teeth Whitening ripoff dihonest fraudulent billing Newport Beach California

*Consumer Suggestion: Dispute the report with your credit card

I signed up for a sample of Appera whitening for $6.95. I made sure to read ALL of the fine print and also made sure to cancel within the two week time period which was indicated in the fine print in order to avoid automatic sign-up for 3-month membership.

I called the number provided for cancellation, spoke with a sales representative who ASSURED me that my trial membership was cancelled and that I would only be billed for $6.95. Two weeks later I recieved a 3-month supply of teeth whitener and when I checked my online bank account I discovered I had been charged $89.97.

When I called them back to explain there was a mistake and that I had already cancelled, they told me that I had infact NOT cancelled, and that if I "supposedly" had I would have received a confirmation number, which I knew nothing about.

There is NOTHING in the fine print to educate consumers that in order to cancel a membership they must receive a cancellation number. Their sales representatives lie to their customers and withold important information. THIS IS A VERY BAD BUSINESS.

Carrie
Claremont, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2005 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appera-Whitening/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Appera-Teeth-Whitening-ripoff-dihonest-fraudulent-billing-Newport-Beach-California-135257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appera Whitening

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Dispute the report with your credit card

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (U.S.A.)

I signed up for the Appera trial as well, but I did not have the same problem as you. I was simply able to cancel on their website using their contact form. Once you receive the trial, you can visit their website and visit the "Contact Us" section. There is a form to fill out to cancel the auto-ship, and you simply enter the autoship number you got on your invoice with your shipment.

However, if you called and canceled with them and they billed you, you need to dispute the charge with your credit card company ASAP. Simply explain to them your situation, and if they give you any guff remind them of Federal Regulation E, which guarantees that you won't be charged for merchandise you didn't order. You should sucessfully be able to do a chargeback and get your money back. Good luck!