Complaint Review: Applebee's Restaurant

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By:Elk River Minnesota
Applebee's Restaurant
14400 Weaver Lake Rd Maple Grove, Minnesota U.S.A.

Applebee's Restaurant, Applebee's Restaurant food poisoning illness foodbourne shrimp norovirus applebee's applebees Maple Grove Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: I also got sick

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Suggestion: Only a simple accident, happens ANYWHERE.

I dined at the Applebee's in Maple Grove, MN 55311 on Sunday February 21st at around 8:00 PM. The service was nice and I ordered the Shrimp Basket. By 6:00 AM the next morning I was violently vomiting, which continued all-day Sunday with other symptoms like fever, chills, aches, headache and dizziness.

I did some research and all of these symptoms fit with a norovirus, often contracted from undercooked shellfish.
I'll never eat at Applebee's again and I hope other people can benefit from this report. Now that I am finally healthy enough to write this, I am doing everything I can to get the word out and make sure Applebee's hears about this.

Elk River, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Applebees-Restaurant/Maple-Grove-Minnesota-55311/Applebees-Restaurant-Applebees-Restaurant-food-poisoning-illness-foodbourne-shrimp-noro-428075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Applebee's Restaurant

I also got sick

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I also ate at the applebees in Elk River on the 21st. I had the oriental chicken salad and the chicken totilla soup. I became very ill and had to go to the ER in Princton the next day with extreme stomach pain(And vomiting) . I wonder how many others got sick that day ????

AUTHOR: The_phantom_poster - (U.S.A.)

Have you NEVER gotten food poisoning before? How old are you? Most average people if you say "food poisoning sucks" they well say "Oh yeah, lemme tell you about this one time..."

I would be willing to bet if you did a 48 hour follow up with every customer that comes out of any given restraunt for a year...you'd get a couple that wind up with food poisoning....

What I am trying to get at here is....IT Happens, it happens to everyone at some point, and it happens at all restaraunts sometimes. If this is really the first time you have ever gotten food poisoning...you are the exception not the rule.

And it's not like it's an unreasonable thing. We take the quality of food for granted, but food poisoning, especialy when you are eating shellfish, which live off of excrement and rotten meat, is not at all uncommon.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Only a simple accident, happens ANYWHERE.

AUTHOR: Anonymous88 - (U.S.A.)

What your complaining about it a simple 1/50,000 event. So they undercooked your food, you obviously didn't think anything of it because you ate all your food. It was obviously a virus that required prolonged cooking to kill. They state right on the menu in every establishment that seafood and undercooked meat can carry foodbourne illnesses.

This can happen at EVERY food serving establishment. Please dont give Applebees a bad name because you had one bad occurance. Go back again and I bet you anything the service and food is uncomplainable.