occurring

• Submitted: Tue, October 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 06, 2006

• Reported By:Monument Beach Massachusetts
Appollo Group At Axia College
3157 E Elwood St. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Appollo Group At Axia College are they committing fraud Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: call them again

I have enrolled as a student at University of Phoenix and started taking classes in May. At that time I filled out all necessary finicial paperwork and when it was returned I was told I had rec'd finicial aide and a pell grant to cover my expenses for the first few sessions. I have called and requested copies or breakdowns of what I was receiving for funds and what not an to this date I have not rec'd any information.

Now when I call no one returns any of my calls and I recently rec'd a bill for $1,710.00 and I still have no explanation of my benefits I was suppose to be receiving or what I might be financing which I told them up front that I did not want to fincance much without knowing about it first, due to the fact that I am a single mother on a limited income.

The one time I did speak to my NEW finicial counselor she was so beligrent and rude I have never been treated so rudely, and this is a school of higher learning they need to teach the people that work for them some manners when speaking to customers, because after all we are paying for a service and they seem to not be interested in helping. This is appears to be a very un-professional organization and I would like to know if what is going on with my finicances.

Lisa
Monument Beach, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2006 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appollo-Group-At-Axia-College/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/Appollo-Group-At-Axia-College-are-they-committing-fraud-Phoenix-Arizona-214062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appollo Group At Axia College

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

call them again

AUTHOR: Caleb - (U.S.A.)

call your financial counselor again. he or she may have been having a bad day at work, or were new to the job.

be calm, tell them of your needs and see what they can do to resolve them.

the amount of credits you have set how much financial aid you receive through the FAFSA form. Students receiving max financial aid may still not have enough to cover the tuition per year.

you say in your report that you were told that the financial aid would cover the first couple courses. why are you surprised now that you owe money for the rest of the tuition?