Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2004

• Reported By:San Diego California
Arcadia Financial
Po Box 1386 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial LTD ripoff/ late payment fees Minneapolis Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: A couple suggestions

I have had my truck financed through Arcadia since 1998. I have had this paid through alotment every month which means I never see the money that is paid to them. Every month they have charged me late payments for which I am not responsible for since they get this money every month.

They say I am 2 payments behind which I am not it has always been taken right out of my paycheck. I have a payment history that shows everymonth a payment posting yet it is late and they charge me every month $20.00. They are ripping off customers. My truck is due to be paid off but I have a balance of $3300.00 and that is late payments.

Theodore
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2004 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55440/Arcadia-Financial-LTD-ripoff-late-payment-fees-Minneapolis-Minnesota-78376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

A couple suggestions

AUTHOR: Krista - (U.S.A.)

I deal with allotments at my finance company. A couple scenarios may have happened here... First and most likely, your allotment didn't start immediately and if you didn't make the first payment or two then you have been paying behind. OR the finance company may have been required to change your due date under the allotment agreement (we have to change customer's to the 5th) and that wasn't done so the payments may have been coming in late. OR you were off work, didn't get a paycheck one time and fell behind that way... (you don't get payed, they don't either)...

My suggestion to you is to call the finance company and ask them to go through the payment history with you to determine where the account became behind. Once you figure out what scenario you are dealing with, you can possibly negotiate the late charges... (for instance, if a representative failed to tell you to change your due date, and that's why they've racked up, they may waive them)

GOOD LUCK!! and remember, when you call them, be nice! Customer service representatives such as myself are much nicer when you state your issue plainly, don't assign blame, and ASK for help, don't yell or blame the rep...