Complaint Review: Archives.com

• Updated: Sun, March 18, 2012

• Reported By: Brooke — Blaine Washington United States of America
Archives.com
Archives.com Internet United States of America

Archives.com Misleading sign-up procedures, not worth the money, unresponsive to requests for money back. Internet

I signed up for their 7 day free trial and quickly realized it wasn't useful - several times I entered names that have lots of on-line info available from several sites, and they had no info on them. When I tried to cancel before the end of the trial, I was repeatedly taken to the screen where you re-enter your billing info. Since that was the only route available, I entered my info. However, I discovered that signed me up for a year's subscription.

Because this was a mistake on my part, I emailed them and asked them to cancel it. They informed me that since I had signed up for a 7 day trial a year ago, which I had forgotten, that I was automatically subscribed for a year. They would not reverse the charge, they only stopped the automatic renewal in a year.

While I take responsibility for not realizing I hhad done the previous trial, there was nothing on their website that indicated I was signing up for a year's subscription. I wouldn't mind if the site were useful, but it's not at all. And they certainly were not customer friendly!

I would definitely NOT recommend this website!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2012 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Archivescom/internet/Archivescom-Misleading-sign-up-procedures-not-worth-the-money-unresponsive-to-requests-855605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Archives.com