Complaint Review: Ascentive LLC

• Submitted: Sat, December 14, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, December 18, 2002

• Reported By:Murrieta California
Ascentive LLC
http://www.ascentive.com , Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ascentive LLC ripoff Won't let me cancel before trial period ends so they will charge me ripoff business Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Did Not Cancel In Time

They advertised a product with a free trial period, I tried and hated it because it didn't deliver as promised.

Now here comes the exciting part. I've been trying to cancel my membership via emails and logging into their site since before the free period ended but they have a nice scheme making it impossible to cancel with one try. I'm on my seventh effort to cancel, I've been charged for software I don't like and will not use, and I can't get them to handle the situation professionally.

Then I look them up on the web and learn they have a pyramid scheme working. They get strangers to promote a product they know nothing about to earn extra money, how nice.

I'm posting everywhere I can on the web telling as many people as I can about my dealing with this company. I'm just trying to warn the innocent public so they don't get ripped off the way I did.

Richard
Murrieta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2002 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-LLC/Pennsylvania/Ascentive-LLC-ripoff-Wont-let-me-cancel-before-trial-period-ends-so-they-will-charge-me-r-38253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive LLC

Customer Did Not Cancel In Time

AUTHOR: Martin - (U.S.A.)

First of all, we sell our software through affiliates as well as our own web site. Regardless if a customer orders from an affiliate or Ascentive, the pages that the affiliate displays are from our web site. The customer needs support, they can easily contact our web site.

Secondly, we have a link to email our company on every single page of our support site (www.ascentive.com/support). This customer ordered a free trial and was made well aware that they would be charged at the end of their trial period if they did not cancel. They did not email us until December 5 for a subscription that ended on November 21.

Third, this customer was refunded, even though the error totally was with his failure to fully read what he was signing up for.

Should you like proof that this customer was given all information prior to being charged, please contact us.