refrigerator

• Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011

• Reported By: wellrn2002 — cartersville Georgia United States of America
Asurion
648 Grassmere Park Suite 300 Internet United States of America

Asurion Verizon Wireless' insurance partner Asurion Cell Phone Insurance Rip Off, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Been there, know all about that

First off I would like to state that I am appalled at how much a company can rip you off, and that it is totally legal.  I had my cell phone stolen and called Asurion.  I expected to pay a small deductible.  I owned a 2 year old Blackberry storm, and they wanted to charge 89 dollars to get a replacement.  In small prnt somewhere, I guess it state that smart phones have a higher deductible.  I called Asurion, and waited on hold for what seemed an eternity.

I was told when I purchased the contract that it was a 50 dollar deductible.  I am eligible for an upgrade on my account, but am waiting for the release of another phone. The fact that a Company like Asurion makes a mint in premiums, and in essence offers a replacement phone that is obsolete for 100% more than I can get one off ebay for is absurd.  Save your money. Do  Not buy Asurion. Poor customer service and misleading benefits on the front end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2011 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Asurion/internet/Asurion-Verizon-Wireless-insurance-partner-Asurion-Cell-Phone-Insurance-Rip-Off-Internet-708524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Asurion

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Been there, know all about that

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

I know all about that scam.  I had been paying the monthly assurion insurance charge for probably around two years when I needed to file a lost phone claim.  They "only" tried to hit me up for the $50 dollars (and that was after the 1st level hindi tried to disqualify me completely).  Ultimately I declined, and got 2 (TWO) phones off craigslist for $35.

It might be a good deal if you got a superexpensive gizmo phone and lose it often.  But not for me.