• Report: #208372

• Submitted: Mon, August 28, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 29, 2006

• Reported By:Pflugerville Texas
Austin School Of Massage
2600 W Stassney Ln Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Austin School Of Massage Robbed at Massage Parlor ripoff Austin Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Dispute the charges

On August 25, 2006, I scheduled three appointments for massages at Austin School of Massage and paid for them with my credit card in the amount of 60 dollars. When my three quests arrived on August 27, 2006. Only one was able to be taken for the appointment. The main instructor stated that there were not enough students for the session.

A refund was requested for my two quests that were not able to be taken. It was stated that I would have to call and speak with the Manager of the school.

On August 28, 2006, I called and spoke with a person by the name of Jennifer, who is the Manager at that school. I explained what had happened and wanted a refund in the amount of 40 dollars for my two quests that were not seen. She stated that she would not refund my money and would only provide two free gift certificates for next time. (How can they be free if I already paid for them?).

I stated to her that I wanted a refund and not gift certificates. This dialogue went on, me wanting a refund and her saying she will only issue gift certificates. I saw this was going no where and wanted to speak to her Manager. She at that time took my name and number and stated she would call me back.

Never happened, I had to call her numerous times and demanded to speak to the Director before she answered my call. She continues to say she would not refund my money. I was fed up with arguing with her wanted her full name so I could file a complaint.She then pretended that the connection was bad and would not give me her information. She then hung up on me.

I tried to contacting the Director but no one has returned my calls.

No one at the school called to notified me that theydid not have enough students for the session. My quests drove 30 miles from North Austin to South Austin to attend their appointment. Not even a sorry for your inconvenience.

This business and the manager have committed theft, by charging for a service and not providing it. I believe this school intentionally over books and will not provide refunds so people have to return!

Alan
Pflugerville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2006 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austin-School-Of-Massage/Austin-Texas-78745/Austin-School-Of-Massage-Robbed-at-Massage-Parlor-ripoff-Austin-Texas-208372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austin School Of Massage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Dispute the charges

AUTHOR: Giselle - (U.S.A.)

Since you say you used a CC, simply dispute the charges with the CC company. Easy enough.