Complaint Review: Austins Affordable Autos

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Austins Affordable Autos
8602 NE Highway 99 Vancouver, Washington U.S.A.

Austins Affordable Autos Steve took all my money that I had been saving to buy a vehicle to beable to get my daughter to her life or death doctor appointments. Vancouver Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: WA attorney general

I am a single mother of two kids that moved to washington to get away from an abusive husband. We came here with nothing but the clothes on our backs. It took me a year to be able to buy a vehicle.

MY children and I went to several places and finally ended up at Austins Affordable autos. We found a vehicle that seem to be perfect for us. It was big enough and I could afford to buy it without financing it.

Our salesman was STEVE. We test drove the vehicle and I had a few concerns. I addressed them to him and he answered them accordingly. He said that I could take it into a few places and get a couple estimates done on the little bit of repair it might need. And then we could sit down with his mechanic an figure out the best way to handle it.

I did just what he said. Now the whole story has changed. He flat out lied to me about several direct question.(Which I have a witness to) He is not willing to help me at all. I also talked with the manager there and he was going to help me but STEVE said NO!

There is $2600 in repairs need. I am not able to drive this vehicle because I have been warned of further damage it could cause. It is not parked in my parking space to just look at. I really needed this vehicle because my daughter is facing brain surgery and I needed a reliable vehicle to get her to her doctors appointments and the hospital when need. I explained all this to STEVE and he assured me he would make everything alright.

He offered to exchange another vehicle for this one but when I aggreed to that he took that offer back also. Please help me I just don't know what to do.

Tricha
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Austins-Affordable-Autos/Vancouver-Washington-98665/Austins-Affordable-Autos-Steve-took-all-my-money-that-I-had-been-saving-to-buy-a-vehicle-t-313475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Austins Affordable Autos

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

WA attorney general

AUTHOR: Been there - (United States of America)

I was contacted today by the WA state attorney general. They are currently doing an investigation of Austins autos
For cases like yours as well as illegal repos. I suggest you call them now while they still have an open investigation. It sounds pretty serious.
Good luck.