Complaint Review: Axia College - University Of Phoenix

• Updated: Mon, October 26, 2009

• Reported By: Bridget — Tulsa Oklahoma USA
Axia College - University Of Phoenix
14002 E 21 st street, suite 1000 Tulsa, Oklahoma United States of America

Axia College - University Of Phoenix I am being charged the full amount of 24 credits, when I only attended 10 days of class! Tulsa, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Office of Dispute Management

I attended the university of Phoenix-axia for about 10 days, before I realized I cannot afford to pay $17,000.00 for 60 credits. When I enrolled Amanda Jamison told me that I had the right to withdrawl if the school is not right for me. After 10 days I called and told Amanda that I am withdrawling, and I was told by Scott Edward that I would owe a percentage of the loan, which was $595.00 for the days I attended. I received a statement in the mail oweing them $2210.00!

This is insane to me, I owe them this much money for what? I received no grade, no credit nothing! They also had me enrolled in classes that was not for my degree, Amanda said they do all the class enrollement to help students. I also found out that the other college I was going to transfer too, would not accept my credits from the University of Phoenix. I was new to the college thing, and had no idea how this worked, but once I found out I acted and withdrew. She had me enrolled in a buisness and new information age class, when I was getting a degree in couseling. Once I talked to my advisor, she told me they didnt even have anything for counseling, just psychology!

Please help me!

Bridget

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2009 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axia-College-University-Of-Phoenix/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74145/Axia-College-University-Of-Phoenix-I-am-being-charged-the-full-amount-of-24-credits-wh-514458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axia College - University Of Phoenix

Office of Dispute Management

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)

I regret to hear you had a bad experience with Axia College of the University of Phoenix. The University has an office dedicated to hearing student complaints and doing their best to resolve them. If you would like the Office of Dispute Management to look into your issue, please contact us through any of the methods below:

Mailing address: Office of Dispute Management University of Phoenix 4615 E Elwood Street Mail Stop: AA-S401 Phoenix, AZ 85040 Email address: UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu

Phone: 602-557-5566

Fax: 480-557-2275

Best regards,

Libby Bailey, University Relations Administrator On behalf of University of Phoenix - Office of Dispute Management 4615 E. Elwood Street AA-S401 | Phoenix, AZ 85040 phone: 602-557-5566| fax: 480-557-2275 | email: UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu