Complaint Review: Barbs TExaco # 1

• Submitted: Mon, September 18, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, September 18, 2000

• Reported By:Hurst Tx
Barbs TExaco # 1
760 w. pipeline Hurst, Texas U.S.A.

Barbs Texaco # 1rip-off .. Drive it in tow it out??

I drove my car into the shop to have my cooling system checked out after an overheat several days before. Through trying to diagnose this problem I had started the engine several times to see if it was holding water etc. and never had a problem with it. I drove it into the shop and ask to please check the cooling fans, water pump and relays to see why it overheated.

I then get a phone call that says my starter is bad and before he can diagnose anything I must buy a new starter. Mind you I have never ever had a starting problem. Then I was informed that I must tow it away since it will not start without a new starter.

My gripe is should you have to tow away a car that you drove in under its own power. Something is terribly wrong and must be looked into. I am a woman that is disabled and depend on my car to get around. I now have a dead car and a possible towing bill what do I do now?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barbs-TExaco-1/Hurst-Texas-76053/Barbs-Texaco-1rip-off-Drive-it-in-tow-it-out-3366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barbs TExaco # 1