Baltimore

• Submitted: Fri, April 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 24, 2009

• Reported By:Baton rouge Louisiana
Bargain Network
6330 Hollister Avenue Goleta, California U.S.A.

Bargain Network Inc, Bargain Network Homes, Bargain Network Motors, charged credit card after I canceled account Goleta, California

I joined Bargain Network homes free trial and was even leary of it since you had to give a credit card number for the free trial. But I placed a note on my computer of the day before the trial ended to call and cancel. Which I did.

I was told by "Crystal" (which they admit they have a record of me talking to on that date) that i was already charged for for the next month so I might as well look at the site for another month. I said I might, but I still wanted to cancel. It was a nice conversation so I thought all was well and good.

I paid off my credit card and that was that. I never noticed I was still being charged because when mail from the credit card company came I put it in the shred pile since we have paid off all our cards and didn't want more. It was only when I was looking into refinancing my house did I realize that i had an outstanding balance for 130.00 bucks from bargain homes. I could not contest it because it was from a 3rd party vendor (whatever that means).

So I called Bargain homes and spoke to Angela who said it was never cancelled, I told my story and she put me on hold for a "supervisor". I was on hold 40 minutes... Finally I spoke with Supervisor Sandra # 11639 who would reimbursed me for April, but would do nothing for the rest of the time. She said that I should have noticed before now i was being charge... Ok now I thinking, you stupid %^&*ing b*tch, how dare you! You rip me off and it is MY fault??

She had a record of me calling in December and that I spoke to Crystal and she said that Crystal told me i was paid though Jan and that I would ahve to call back and cancel in Jan. I told Sandra I was not told I would have to call back and that when I called in December I said I did not care if I had another month, I wanted to CANCEL now.

So this is how they get you, they say go ahead and look another month and then act like they told you, that you would have to call back. Which she did not. I know myself and I would have never agreed to that- that is why I had a sticky note on my moniter as to when i would call and cancel. In reality they charged my card before the free trial expired.

I even said, I have seen your company, Sandra #11639, on ripoff report and know this is an issue with your company... She said..we have over a million members...if I was thinking on my feet I would have said, "how many of those million KNOW they are members?"

If they really reimburse me for one month, I will at least only be in the hole for $100.00

Good riddence!

Tanya
Baton rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bargain-Network/Goleta-California-93117/Bargain-Network-Inc-Bargain-Network-Homes-Bargain-Network-Motors-charged-credit-card-af-446279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bargain Network