Complaint Review: Be Studios; Be Productions San Diego

• Submitted: Sat, September 27, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2011

• Reported By:Encinitas California
Be Studios; Be Productions San Diego
8344 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Suite 202, San Diego, Ca 92111 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Be Studios; Be Productions San Diego I'm Taking Action San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: Would like to ban with you.

*Consumer Comment: Yes, the Nor. Cal. offices are all closed

*Consumer Comment: Northern California Offices Shut Down?

*Consumer Suggestion: Be production rip-off

*Consumer Suggestion: Be production rip-off

*Consumer Comment: what is the reason for your request to cancel?

*Author of original report: I would like to join you legal action

*UPDATE Employee: What has gone wrong with your experience?

I am taking action on Be Studios / Be Productions in San Diego as I am very displeased with the memebership and services. I purchased the "Superstar" package for my eight year-old daughter which is good until she turns eighteen. Who knows if they will be around for another ten years judging by the numerous complaints on the company. I tried to cancel in writing via email to my talent director but no response. I sent a letter via USPS for follow up. I also sent an email to the main office in Emeryville but still, no response. This is not ethical business practice and I am taking action. If there are other parent(s) out there that would like to ban with me, I would love to hear from you.

Fighting back
Encinitas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2008 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Be-Studios-Be-Productions-San-Diego/San-Diego-California-92111/Be-Studios-Be-Productions-San-Diego-Im-Taking-Action-San-Diego-California-376582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Be Studios; Be Productions San Diego

Would like to ban with you.

AUTHOR: Susan - (United States of America)

We had a similar situation in San Diego 3 years ago with our 11 year old daughter.  Bought the big package. Then we moved 8 months later to Idaho. They said we couldn't get our money back. Is there a lawsuit ongoing?  I know I'm a little late getting on board.

Yes, the Nor. Cal. offices are all closed

AUTHOR: Lellison - (U.S.A.)

We just recently signed up with Be in March, and our son is currently in their Rising Star acting classes in San Bruno. I have been calling and calling, and sending emails to set up a date for his headshots with Bluesky Studios in San Francisco, and have yet to receive any response. Our talent agent assigned was Courtney Hughes, and she is not even responding to messages I left on her cell phone. We just don't know what is going on and are very confused. We thought this was a legit company, but are now having second thoughts. Finally I called their customer service number and spoke to Liz who informed me that their offices in Emeryville as well as somewhere else up here are no more. My husband is currently researching to see how long they've been in the building. We're thinking maybe they rent spaces for a short period of time to hold auditions, sign people up, and then close shop and go away.... I really hope not, but am not sure. Liz stated she would email me all this contact information for their offices in Tarzana and LA, but so far...no email. If you've had experiences with this company please respond to me at leticiaellison@yahoo.com as we are trying to find more information on who this company REALLY is. Thanks so much for this poasting and your help!

Northern California Offices Shut Down?

AUTHOR: Dohara - (U.S.A.)

Hello -the San Jose office shut down ca. February/March of this year. Clients were subsequently redirected to the Emeryville office. Whenever we call, we get a rapid busy signal. Anyone know if they've "left the building"?

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Be production rip-off

AUTHOR: Maria - (U.S.A.)

we too have ripped off and would like to join you. Maria

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Be production rip-off

AUTHOR: Maria - (U.S.A.)

I would be happy to help. We too got ripped off and are going to somethig about it. maria. You can e-mail me and ALL of you out there that feel the same way. We have to put an end to this preying on families and exploiting children.

what is the reason for your request to cancel?

AUTHOR: What Is The Complaint? - (U.S.A.)

My husband and i signed our kids up to help them gain confidence when making presentations. well- my son has gained confidence and had two paid jobs. my daughter was signed by an agent has about five jobs under her belt. she signed with a sd agent but was also asked to meet with a sd/la agent but we aren't ready to do that. yes..it's a lot of $ but what where you promised? Sales is sales, if you bought it thinking you were gauranteed a career for your kid, this was a lesson you can use for growth for you and your child. Don't blame them for your expectations.

I would like to join you legal action

AUTHOR: Fightbackv - (U.S.A.)

I would like to join on th elegal action against BE Productions. My experience with BE Productions is very similar to yours. BE Productions is a Huge SCAM. BBB gives them a F rating.

My question is how to contact you? If you want I can authorize Ripoff Report to give you my e-mail address or phone number. Pleaes let me know. Thanks.

What has gone wrong with your experience?

AUTHOR: Mariahofsd - (U.S.A.)

I have just begun working with this company and am so confused to find these reports stating that it is a scam. I am a young college student, I am in the entertainment business myself. I have gone through many "scams" such as John Robert Powers and things like that when I was younger that turned out to be completely a waste of time. But this company, so far, seems very legitimate. I would NEVER work for a company and do to children what so many other "scouts" did to me in the past. I do not know the complete ins and outs of this company being that I just began working here but my friend and colleague has worked here for about a year she is a model and actress like myself and she loves it and has helped many young kids get signed. I just wanted to know what anyone has experienced that was so bad? What has made you think it is a scam. I am thinking that many of the reports on here are due to their kids just not being right for the business and not being successful in their attempts to act and model. Not everyone can be successful at this and I would never advise any parent to get their kids into this tough business unless it was the child's dream!