Complaint Review: Bellsouth - Bellsouth Advertising - The Real Yellow Pages

• Submitted: Thu, December 07, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 09, 2006

• Reported By:cocoa beach Florida
Bellsouth - Bellsouth Advertising - The Real Yellow Pages
bellsouth.com Melbourne, Florida U.S.A.

Bellsouth - Bellsouth Advertising - The Real Yellow Pages My bellsouth rep assured me the ad I submitted would be in the 06 yellow pages. Instead I open the book to find a hideous ad that I had never seen and would have NEVER approved. ripoff Melbourne Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: OMG That happened to us too!!

*Consumer Suggestion: be careful

*Consumer Comment: The only way

Bellsouth, Bellsouth Advertising, The Real Yellow Pages My bellsouth rep assured me the ad I submitted would be in the 06 yellow pages. Instead I open the book to find a hideous ad that I had never seen and would have NEVER approved. This ad was designed to visually coordinate with with all other tangible promotions. It did not. I HATE the ad- so much that I can't even look at it. I feel it derailed my intended campaign!

1.My bellsouth rep assured me the ad I submitted would be in the 06 yellow pages. Instead I open the book to find a hideous ad that I had never seen and would have NEVER approved.

Even more frustrating, they printed the WRONG PHONE NUMBER for my company in the white page section!
AND. yes, there is an "and" Bellsouth listed me in the wrong catagory (a completely unrelated catagory) in their companion book.

They want me to pay for this. Im furious. I refuse. Now I am receiving letters from lawyers threatening suit on their behalf.

This is my first year in business. My advertising campaign was thoroughly thought out. ALL of my promotional material was supposed to coordinate so the company would be recognized by sight. Bellsouth being the most widely circulated ad, it was crucial it be in allignment with the rest of the tangible ads.
I should add that the correct phone number and proper ad placement would have been nice too!

As a consumer, do I not have the right to refuse to pay for this?

Jennifer
cocoa beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2006 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bellsouth-Bellsouth-Advertising-The-Real-Yellow-Pages/Melbourne-Florida/Bellsouth-Bellsouth-Advertising-The-Real-Yellow-Pages-My-bellsouth-rep-assured-me-the-224321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bellsouth - Bellsouth Advertising - The Real Yellow Pages

#1 Consumer Suggestion

OMG That happened to us too!!

AUTHOR: Kymberlei - (U.S.A.)

I would only have to change a few words in your complaint to exactly duplicate my complaint.

1st advertising run.
Wrong Phone # in actual ads
Wrong Phone # in white pages
Wrong Phone # on-line
Wrong Phone # in coupon (back of book)
IT WAS MY FAX #
Wrong categories, did't even get in right category at all.
It's a flooring store, we were in tires, titles, mortgages

The nightmare continues year after year, because people don't throw away those phonebooks.

Next year no advertising, we were still in wrong category.

My experience was disgusting and it went to collections. We had the salesperson on our side saying it was his mistake. That did not help.

We were told that we needed to speak to a regional sales manager. By the time we got to him, he said it was too late. I don't know if that was BS or not, but that's what and about as far as we got.

The company still owes that large advertising bill.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

be careful

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

the yellow pages are notorious for this type of thing I know friends who operate a family oriented business who had their ad placed next to the strippers

i also have a friend who had her bank account frozen by the yellow pages - she had to declare bankruptcy

I had 2 other friends who each had the yellow pages teamed up with the phone company take away their phone number and not let them have a phone when they could not pay

get your legal ducks in a row

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I think you could refuse and be in the right is if they showed you a proof, you signed off on the proof, and they put something entirely different in the book.

Or, they never showed a proof, said "trust us" so to speak, and put whatever in the book.

But if you saw a proof, signed a proof, and that's what was published-you got nothing.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC