allowances

• Submitted: Tue, October 07, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, January 15, 2004

• Reported By:toronto Ontario
Bernard Haldane Associates
350 Bay St, 9th Fl Toronto, On M5H2s6 Nationwide U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane Associates $5000 was stolen from me. Toronto Ontario

*Author of original report: Resolution update to the above report

I was contacted a little while back by Bernard Haldane after completing a CV on their web site. I was to meet with a Senior Advisor AKA Jack Johnston. Is that really his name? He spent an hour on the first meeting explaining to me why my current job search would never succeed. I needed to tap into the "hidden market" and that was their specialty. He also told me that Haldane only chooses 1 of 7 people that they see.

It sounded all good. We met the next day and he explained to me that someone like myself should be making 50-55k now and that companies were looking for individuals like myself NOW!!! Companies would be fighting for me in no time. The offers would make my head spin. Haldanes connections would guarantee this. I would only have to sit back and wait for the interviews.

It all sounded too good to be true. Like most I'm very desparate to find work so I believed it. I even voiced my concerns when I read the contract, but according to Jack Haldane really needs my $5000, and he assured me that they are here to help people not rip them off. So I signed up.

From the first meeting with my advisor I knew I had made a mistake he mentioned that the market was really slow. After several meetings with him and the seminar I knew it was a big scam. They helped me write a new resume and cover letter, which I have been told by many is rather long winded and confusing.

The connections you ask? NONE. The connections in the end are your own. Thanks! I payed $5000 for you to tell me that. I told them that I wanted out and now I'm waiting to meet with them. I'm hoping that I can get some of my money back. Someone has suggested taking them to small claims court. I would love to hear from anyone who has delt with the Toronto office and if anyone has managed to receive a partial or full refund. Jack's last words still ring in my ears, "welcome to your new life". You're right Jack, thank you for introducing me to a world that a shall no longer trust anyone.

J
toronto, Ontario
Canada

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2003 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Associates/nationwide/Bernard-Haldane-Associates-5000-was-stolen-from-me-Toronto-Ontario-68440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane Associates

Resolution update to the above report

AUTHOR: John - (Canada)

I have been in contact with them and they have resolved all of my issues in a professional manner and to my complete satisfaction.