Complaint Review: Best Price Cameras

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:Las Cruces New Mexico
Best Price Cameras
Warehouse Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Best Price Cameras Reseller of used or damaged camera equipment Brooklyn New York

On 1-15-08 I placed an Internet order with Best Price Cameras to buy 2 JVC GZ-HD7 camcorders advertised at $499. Soon after, I received an E-mail to call them. Their rep said the advertised camcorders would cost much more than advertised. He asserted that I should buy 2 JVC GZ-HD3 camcorders, which he said were equivalent. He said I could purchase each for $999, brand new with varied supplies. He would include software to interface camcorders with my laptop, which I noted used Vista. For a total of $2,050 he would add 2 deluxe tripods and gave a 100% satisfaction on the camcorders. But the camcorders received were in previously opened boxes with multiple finger prints visible. The tripods were unstable. The recorded video clips would not boot- in my Vista OR laptop or one with XP OS. JVC said that this model would not interface with Vista but with new software costing over $100 it might work. A trial software from Cyberlink failed with both laptops. I tried to return the package but Best Price refused to give me authorization unless I agreed to a re-stocking fee not applicable for defective or fraudulently advertised equipment. Best Price kept delaying the return to make their 7 day return period expire. I continued seeking authorization while listening to recordings that they would only charge after merchandise left their warehouse. And yet, Visa claims charges were processed before the invoice date by another company called INS/MRAC/JS. I was coerced into signing a form accepting less than I paid otherwise they would disallow the return. I signed the form appending my protest. I received authorization and returned the items using a valuation of $2,050 insisted upon by Best Price. Express Mail reports receipt of the items by them at 11:53AM on 1-29-08. That day they called to tell me they would hold my money for 2 weeks before returning it minus 15.4%. I have formally protested with them but they will not respond.

Sensible Simon
Las Cruces, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Price-Cameras/Brooklyn-New-York-88012/Best-Price-Cameras-Reseller-of-used-or-damaged-camera-equipment-Brooklyn-New-York-304891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Price Cameras