Complaint Review: Best Western Movieland

• Submitted: Tue, July 20, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, July 20, 2004

• Reported By:Evans Colorado
Best Western Movieland
6233 International Drive Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-327-2114
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Best Western Movieland rip-off! False advertising dishonest rude very poor service and no management available. Orlando Florida

Room door did not lock, pool hours posted in lobby are false as is information about tiki bar. Advertised Pool supposed to be open till midnight (as sign in lobby states) but is closed by 8pm. According to staff it has always been that way. Bad outlet in room surged and fried my digital camera on our first night there, therefore I have no pictures of our vacation.

Advertised "Free Shuttle Service" is only for non-wheelchair, no other transportation provided. Had to "walk" over to Universal Studios or arrange and pay for taxi service myself. Hotel contracts with a taxi service that does not provide wheelchair transportation and would not call another taxi service. Had to look one up in phonebook. Advertised Gift shop only open a couple of hours and they are never the same hours. Broke out in Hives from their laundry detergent which is not hypoallergenic. When I told hotel this they said "Next time bring your own detergent" When I informed them that in 2004 hotels everywhere used hypoallergenic detergent, they told me "This is not every other hotel, we are privetly owned"

Took 3 requests to get our room door latch fixed, outlet looked at and changed out. Took 3 days to get extra pillows, had to sleep in wheelchair. Advertised Wheelchair friendly is false, not only because of shuttle but there is no ramp to lobby doors. I had to go to far end of building to get on sidewalk that was then blocked by trashcans. Took 3 requests to have trashcans moved. Refused to admit fault for camera even though they had to change the outlet because it was bad.

For my "inconvenience" they gave me a free breakfast coupon. I don't eat breakfast. Staff extremely rude, Desk Manager told me "If you are so unhappy why don't you just go home". What?????? Spent more time trying to get sleep, services and transportation (and "walking" to Universal) than I got to spend at Universal Studios. So much for my sons first trip to Universal, we spent a total of 6 hours there out of 3day tickets we purchesed at the hotel.

After our stay I contacted BestWestern Corporate who promise a response from the hotel within 7 days. The hotels response was to deny all I said. Corporates response: I had to take up any compensation with the hotel that had just called me a liar! Big help they were.

Dena
Evans, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2004 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Western-Movieland/Orlando-Florida-32819-8211/Best-Western-Movieland-rip-off-False-advertising-dishonest-rude-very-poor-service-and-no-99724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Western Movieland