Complaint Review: Blue Bird American Express

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

Blue Bird American Express False Advertising Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Really?

I purchased the card at Walmart around September 2013.   Frankly, I have enjoyed the ease of the card.   There are still places that do not accept Am Ex and I have just learned to verify before pulling it out of my wallet.

It was when they sent me checks that I was super happy.  I could write a check (even though I had to get it pre approved, which was a nuisance but worth the extra effort to pay bills) for those purchases that required it.    I ordered one set and they lasted me around 4 months.   When it was time to order again, I called four times and was told four different reasons why I couldn't get more checks.   1. the service was temporarily down  2.  my browser was not capatable with their system  3.  oh the browser you are using now is STILL not capatable.... 4.  this was a promotion and you can't order checks until October 2014.

#4 ticked me off.   All of their signage states this is a "checking alternative" and never says you can only order one set of checks a year.  SO MUCH TIME WASTED if you had told the public that from the beginning.

As I told the representative that told me I couldn't order more....  welcome to a former customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2014 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blue-Bird-American-Express/nationwide/Blue-Bird-American-Express-False-Advertising-Nationwide-1168127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blue Bird American Express

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

So if I get this right, you got the card and used it for a period of time.  Then at some point AFTER you got the card they sent you checks you could use.

Now, you have used all of those checks and when you found out you could not get more for a period of time you are all of the sudden going to stop using them...WTH?  Checks weren't something that had you get the card, so why all of the sudden is this such a big thing?

Look, I personally would not use these types of cards and honestly if you want to write checks...get a REAL bank account.  But if you are going to complain about something, perhaps you should think about the reason you got the card in the beginning.