Complaint Review: Brantley Durham

• Reported By: Honest Ebayer — Milwaukee Wisconsin
Brantley Durham
Internet USA

Brantley Durham tarkus2004 Ebay extortionist Shelby NC Internet

So I've been buying and selling on ebay for 12 years, 390 transactions, not a single unhappy customer. I listed an old woofer that needed repair, and Brantley bid and won. I had it boxed for shipment, and my stop before the post office, my vehicle was broken into and the woofer along with everything else in it was stolen. Within hours, I refunded Brantley, and apologized up and down. A week later he emailed me asking where his woofer was. I replied again, told him what had happened, apologized up and down again.

He emailed back twice with a bunch of childish garbage, wanting to know if how the police investigation is going, if I'd "tracked down" the theives yet, saying that there was no possible way to send a message through paypal (which is incorrect, I sent the message when I refunded him) and went on and on about how simply refunding him didn't "make him whole" and that I "owe him a woofer" and that if I didn't get him one he would leave bad feedback. This wasn't some ultra rare speaker or anything, they're on ebay all the time, and his winning bid was $15. But apparently he wanted me to buy another, get it, and ship it to him rather than just doing it himself. From his snarky snide emails it was clear that even if I had done all that for him, he would have left bad feedback anyway. Which he did.

One bad feedback out of 400 won't kill me. But I strive VERY hard, as many ebayers do, for complete 100% satisfaction and feedback. Everything I list is described in detail, 100% honestly. I can see Brantley being upset that his woofer was stolen. Trust me, I was more upset having my car broken into. But threatening (and posting) bad feedback, in the way he did, is just really rotten. Feedback should be for ratings, not extortion. He lied and said I never contacted him.

Overall ebay is a great community of honest people buying and selling. Too bad there's a few crybabies going out of their way to cause people headaches.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 02:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brantley-Durham/internet/Brantley-Durham-tarkus2004-Ebay-extortionist-Shelby-NC-Internet-1141259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brantley Durham