Complaint Review: British Airways

• Submitted: Tue, March 21, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 22, 2006

• Reported By:Gainesville Florida
British Airways
75-20 Astoria Blvd, Jackson Heights, New York U.S.A.

British Airways ripoff Jackson Heights New York

*Consumer Comment: I would assume there were terms and conditions associated with the sale price.

British Airways had a huge sale. As a very poor graduate student, I bought a ticket to do my research for my dissertation. I booked the wrong date. As a result I attempted to change the date.

I make 6$ an hour, so a 700$ ticket is very expensive to me. British Airways will not move the date, refund even part of my ticket, let me use the return portion of the ticket, or allow me to pay to change any part of the entire ticket.

If the airlines are in such bad shape then how can they afford such horrible customer service. I would be more than willing to pay whatever fee they wanted for the change. I would be willing to cancel the ticket.

Needless to say I have to decide to either skip my sisters graduation or take the flight. One will leave me alienated from my family and the other will leave me completely broke with no reasearch and possibily getting kicked out of school.

Jennifer
Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2006 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/British-Airways/Jackson-Heights-New-York-11370/British-Airways-ripoff-Jackson-Heights-New-York-182508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on British Airways

I would assume there were terms and conditions associated with the sale price.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps you should have read them before buying the ticket.

If 700 dollars was such a budget breaker, perhaps an alternate research method would have been wiser.

Unfortunately common sense can not be taught.

Go to your sister's graduation. Be there for your sister and she will be there for you when you really need her support. Family should come above all else. If you get kicked out of school you can always return later. It's a minor setback. You cannot replace family.

You can always work extra hours or another part time job to earn back the 700 dollars.

Good luck.