Complaint Review: Brooks Bayne

• Submitted: Sun, October 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 12, 2008

• Reported By:Marina del rey California
Brooks Bayne
11271 Ventura Blvd #221, Studio City, California 91604 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Brooks Bayne, linkedin.com/in/wolfsbayne, twitter.com/wolfsbayne, wolfsbayne.tumblr.com, took money for work, didn't deliver then attempted to extort shares in my startup Los Angeles California

I hired Brooks Bayne (aka wolfsbayne) in 2006 to write a program (proof of concept) for my start up for $2,000. He wrote the code and then realizing he had written something of value with my startups ideas proceeded to use it as a lever to get 10% percent of my company. I had only days before I was supposed to demo this to VCs so I had to capitulate to Brook's extortion plan and offered him 5%.

Brooks decided that wasn't enough and pulled the code off the server the very night before a critical VC meeting. This destroyed our chances and blew the meeting for us. After repeated threats of legal action against Brooks I have only received $900 dollars.

The only reason he paid this was because I have his mailbox (which he hides behind) which he knows I can legitimately serve and thus negatively impact his credit with a small claims court judgement. Brooks unsuccessful and is hard up for money. He used his skills as a programmer to rip me off. As and experienced CEO of a well respected and acquired startup, I have to say, I've never come across a more shady character than Brooks Bayne.

For such an opinionated and vocal person, trying to enter the very small world of Tech entrepreneurs, he certainly makes very poor decisions and treads on the wrong toes. He has no hesitation to use what little voice/power he has against other people. I understand from his LinkedIn profile that he is now trying to start a new company called The Graph, I can only hope he doesn't rip any one else off in the process.

Brooks keeps his real contact info very private. But if anyone else is owed money from him they can find Brooks Bayne through these links and this mail box address:

Brooks Bayne, 11271 Ventura Blvd #221, Studio City CA 91604 Tel: 615-668-3744

twitter.com/wolfsbayne

Obamafan
Marina del rey, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2008 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brooks-Bayne/Los-Angeles-California-90292/Brooks-Bayne-linkedincominwolfsbayne-twittercomwolfsbayne-wolfsbaynetumblrcom-t-380588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brooks Bayne