restaurant

• Updated: Wed, September 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lynda — Palm Bay Florida
Brylane Home
Internet USA

Brylane Home (Affiliates: Plus Size Living, OneStopPlus.com) Lost Package; Brylane Won't Pay Internet

In early August 2013, I ordered a bedspread and sheets from Brylane.  Total bill was $115.  According to FedEx's original tracking, the package was delivered to my home on 8/17.  However, I never received it.  I called Brylane the third week of August and advised them of non-receipt.  The CSR kept parroting the tracking information.  (Incidentally, there is no signed delivery receipt.)  She stated they have to wait 30 days before they can file a carrier claim.   Since I just retired after eight years as a supervisor in an e-commerce environment that is MUCH bigger than this one, I was very surprised, because I know that if you go past 30 days, FedEx will not accept the claim.

I followed up on 9/10.  The second CSR generate the carrier claim request on that date. FedEx called me about a week later, and we discussed the situation, and I again reiterated I did not receive the package.  (Incidentally, I have never needed to file a carrier claim with anyone else before, so it's not as if they have negative information from my address.)  FedEx also agreed with me that it sounded as if Brylane was deliberately trying to make it go past 30 days, knowing full well this would cause FedEx not to honor that claim.

I followed up with FedEx on 9/18.  I was advised by FedEx they consider it a "lost package," gave me a case ID#, and that they notified Brylane but had not received a response.  I called Brylane and asked for a supervisor.  I got "Lori," who said she was not a supervisor "but I take supervisor calls."  She advised me everything had to be forwarded to their claims clerk for the clerk's determination.  I informed her FedEx itself stated they lost the package; they would pay Brylane and Brylane needs to pay me (it's not up to the clerk).  She said this process would take 15 days, so I asked for an actual manager this time.

I got "Alex," who informed me they were still waiting for FedEx to fax a form to them authorizing payment.  I told her this was nonsense, since they already told me they had informed Brylane, who was ignoring them.  She told me Brylane can't pay me until they get paid, which is also nonsense.  Generally the way it works is, if the company is sure the customer isn't trying to pull a fast one, they refund the customer (in the interests of good customer service) and worry about getting reimbursed later.  She told me I have to wait another ten days.

It's been about six weeks now.  They have $115 of my money, but I do not have any merchandise.  Needless to say, I will never spend another dime with Brylane or any of their sister companies.  If you're smart, neither will you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Brylane-Home/internet/Brylane-Home-Affiliates-Plus-Size-Living-OneStopPluscom-Lost-Package-Brylane-Wont-1085524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Brylane Home