Complaint Review: Business Max - Vista Print

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Business Max - Vista Print
http://www.vistaprint.com Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Business Max - Vista Print Fraudulent Business Max (Vista Print) unauthorized membership plan appeared on my cc statement Raleigh North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: CRAMMING IS ILLEGAL

Fraudulent Business Max (Vista Print) unauthorized membership plan appeared on my cc statement. I did see it pop up back in April one time, I called the credit card company and they told me to call the business listed on the statement. Then I called Business Max directly to ask them about the charge. They said that they worked for Vista Prints and that the charges went through their company. Not once did the person say that it was a membership club. Now I notice that the phone number is no longer included on the statement and that there is not a direct website for Business Max. Also, I noticed a Vista Prints Rewards membership attached to another credit card that had been closed out 8 months ago.

My plan of action was this: I called Vista Prints customer service line (always recorded for training purposes) and demanded that they return the money back to my credit card (I use Vista Print a lot for business) and was informed this has been going on since 2007. He agreed that it all would be returned in full. I asked him how this could happen? I know the tricks of the Vista Print site all too well (they try to get you to purchase extra products, marketing schemes and magazines) and I wasn't buying it. Then he told me that I clicked on a button to get $10 back. I don't think so. I don't touch any of those buttons except "skip and continue to checkout." After a healthy battering he gave up with excuses and said that it would all be corrected and "have a nice day." They are always so polite.

Next, I went to my credit card company and closed out the card. Moral of the story: keep a close eye on your credit card and bank statements and do not do business with Vista Prints or any outsourced company that has a "dime store" full of junk and confusing button links.

Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Business-Max-Vista-Print/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27613/Business-Max-Vista-Print-Fraudulent-Business-Max-Vista-Print-unauthorized-membership-p-369658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Business Max - Vista Print

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

I have noticed a major increase in the reports of unauthorized charges.

These worthless membership programs that no one wants are hitting a lot of people.

File a formal complaint with the FTC.

One company is most likely behind this - its called Trilegiant and they were recently found guilty and fined over $14 Million dollars for doing this to unsuspecting consumers. And they went right back to doing it again.

Even if you say NO - you still get signed up for them.

WATCH your Phone Bills too, - you will find that you have signed up for some service that you did not authorize there as well.

I was told I cashed a check from my credit card company and that is how I got signed up for 2 recently. I never cash those checks - they go straight into the shredder.