Complaint Review: CHAPARRAL K-9

• Submitted: Sun, May 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 22, 2011

• Reported By:ASHLAND Ohio
CHAPARRAL K-9
2198 STATE ROUTE 136 HILLSBORO, Ohio U.S.A.

CHAPARRAL K-9, James AND Karen Super Own There Back Yard Ripp Off Business PAY FOR HYBRID WOLVES AND GET MUTS HILLSBORO Ohio

*General Comment: Join a few facebook wolfdog groups to learn more

*Consumer Comment: Ridiculous

*General Comment: These "people" misrepresenttheir animals

*Author of original report: amazing story that got twisted.

*Consumer Comment: Rings False to this Consumer

*Consumer Comment: You still have not addressed my issue....

*Author of original report: Going back to square one

*Author of original report: How the story gets twisted

*Consumer Comment: Oh and I forgot....

*Consumer Comment: Seems to me..

*Author of original report: Responding to the12-19-2009 letter

*Consumer Comment: Grr

*Author of original report: just wanted a $700.00 wolf hybrid dog

* : Things That Make You Go 'Hmmmm'

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ALAN KILIAN refuses to listen to DNA SCIENTIST EXPERT - WE HAVE NO CANADIAN TIMBER WOLF DNA IN OUR DATABASE !

*Author of original report: CHAPARRAL K-9 DOG TRAINING AND BREEDING

James and Karen Super are now raising MUTS and advertising High Bryid Wolf dogs.This is a case of fraud to the criminal level.They are raising muts and charging there unsuspecting customers $700.00 to $1,000.00 for there so called Hybrid Wolves.We went to other breeders and heard of what the Supers are doing to there customers.Before you purchase a Hybrid Wolf it is a very good idea to talk with other breeders.

After we looked at the real thing we had a DNA test done twice on our $750.00 Wolf Hybrid.Turns out we paid the Supers for a dog that has Siberian husky,Chow Chow,Chinese Shar-pei,Dashhound,and German Shepherd.We also offered the Supers a quick pay off and they refused.Rather than admit to us what they did and refund the funds the justice department launched a investigation on there advertising practices.

So if you are in the market for a hybrid wolf the Supers mut kennel is not the place to go.Also because they are advertising a product that is not what they sell it was told to us a stiff fine and a jail term will be in order.This is a very simple case of getting ripped-off.

Alan
ASHLAND, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2009 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CHAPARRAL-K-9/HILLSBORO-Ohio-45133/CHAPARRAL-K-9-James-AND-Karen-Super-Own-There-Back-Yard-Ripp-Off-Business-PAY-FOR-HYBRID-450441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CHAPARRAL K-9

#1 General Comment

Join a few facebook wolfdog groups to learn more

AUTHOR: Rowan - ()

James and everyone else claiming to actually have a wolfdog ("hybrid") from these people:

PLEASE join "Wolfdog Education For Beginners" and "Wolfdog Companions" groups on Facebook! Have your dogs phenotyped by several well respected wolfdog people - sanctuary owners, breeder, private owners, etc. People who have been a part of the wolfdog community for a loooong time. THEY can tell you what your dog is AND help with any housing or training issues that may come up.

Also- huskies are NOT dumb! They are merely independent and no where near as likely to do what you ask as say, a german shepherd or lab would.

Once again- GET INFORMED! Dogs die by the thousands every year at shelters and due to having been confiscated in illegal areas ONLY because of a FALSE label! Calling your dog a "hybrid" or wolfdog does NOT do it any favors!

Ridiculous

AUTHOR: James - ()

These claims are absolutley unfounded.  If you thought you got a chow husky mix, then why did you want to keep it so bad?  These people are great.  I have one of their low content wolf dogs and she is wonderful.  She is without question a wolf though.  She was difficult to train and is still very stubborn, and bears no resemblance to any kind of ordinary dog, especially husky's.  She is way too smart to have come from any kind of husky mix.  I know husky's, they are dumb.  I don't know what your game is, or why you would slander the reputation of such an excellent breeder.  My only hope is that the consumers reading this are smart enough to see through this ridiculous, unfounded accusation.

#3 General Comment

These "people" misrepresenttheir animals

AUTHOR: Rowan - (USA)

These "breeders" sell people German Shepherd x Malamute/husky pups as wolf hybrids (more correctly termed wolfdogs). They do this so that they can ask a higher price for them. Too many people (such as those here backing up this backyard breeder) are simply folks that love their dog that they got from this couple. There's no doubt they do occasionally create nice, loveable dogs, but DOGS is all they are.
So YES, these folks totally lie about what they are selling you!!

Go get yourselves educated by learning more about wolfdogs and what they REALLY look and behave like. Can you keep them in your house without it getting torn to pieces??? Prolly not a wolfdog then.
DO your HOMEWORK people! Wolfdogs are very challenging!
If you want a dog that looks wolfy but isn't (and behaves more like a husky), then sure... buy from these guys. If you're lucky, you won't end up with one that has health issues later in life.

MANY MANY of this couple's animals ARE in rescue/sanctuary!

If you want a REAL wolfdog and have done your homework (like spending time at a wolf and wolfdog sanctuary/rescue...) then DO NOT buy from these people. You will be getting a DOG.

Lastly, BioPet, in my humble opinion, is crap. Wisdom Panel might give you a better clue, but will NOT tell you if your dog has any wolf in it. The best you'd get is the result saying there is husky, GSD and a certain % Unknown.

amazing story that got twisted.

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

Finally,the proof is in your answers how stories get twisted.You got way off of the original track.First the issue at hand has absolutly nothing to do with how much we paid for the dog.The price has nothing to do with the false advertising claim.Why are you so fixated on how much the dog costs or why would you want to know where you can buy a 700.00 wolf dog.You forgot about my complaint entirely.The proof is in your rebuttals.Now not to get off track I will give you the name of the kennel that sells wolf dog pups all day long for $700.00.This has nothing to do with my complaint so lets resolve my issue and than you can argue about the price of a wolf dog with somebody else,I do not care about price.First you can buy wolf dog pups at wolfhaugen.kennels@verizon.net all day long.Now if you please, back to the original issue.My only issue is we paid 700.00 bucks for a advertised HYBRID wolf dog that was proven out to be a dog that had 5 different breeds in it and no proof of wolf.FALSE ADVERTISING  IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THIS,also you miss read the part where I want the money back and keep the dog,wrong wrong and double wrong.How you came up with that remark is out of your own thought process.The proof of what we paid for is written by two different facilities,BIO LAB and Bio vet lab,both places came out with the same exact findings.SIBERIAN HUSKY,CHOW-CHOW,CHINESE SHAR-PEI,DACHSHUND and GERMAN SHERHERD..This is what our dog is made up of with out a question.Each test was I believe somewhere around 80 dollars.If you are so interested you should spend at least 80 bucks to see what kind of dog you wound up with,just a suggestion.To put all this letter writing to an end I simple came up with a suggestion of coming up with half of the 700 bucks, for not getting what was advertised.You see if Karen would have been honest and advertised what she REALLY has been breeding over there how many dogs would she sell.Just remember I hit the computer asking to locate a wolf dog breeder,nothing else.If she was not falsley advertising she should have her web page look like SIBERIAN HUSKY,CHOW CHOW,CHINESE SHAR-PEI,DASHSHUND and GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPS FOR SALE,they look like wolf dogs but they are not so come on down and check them out,they look like wolves but they are mixed breeds very nice easy to handle place your order now.I did in no way shape or form want the money back and keep the dog,I just, like you would want what was advertised.You did write in your last letter something that hit home perfectly.We did luck out,a real wolf dog is not what we really wanted in the end.To be perfectly honest you said it ,those dogs are able to bring down full grown elk how true you are in that statement,I agree with you one hundred percent.We getting what we got was pure luck,after seeing what the real wolf dog is through the wolfhaugen kennel I just like you said am not knowlegdable ENOUGH to handle such an animal.And to add to this why any one would want the challenge of raising such an animal is beyond any practical purpose.So now I hope everything is finally on the table.Number one,we got a falsly advertised wolf dog ,the real wolf dog we could no way shape or form handle.This all stemed from not getting what was advertised.Bottom line you advertise an item you better have that item.Thats all that is and was on the table since we bought Bella our mixed breed dog better know as a MUTT.Putting this aside,what would you feel like after finding out you just paid 700.00 bucks for a MUTT.INSTEAD OF A hybrid wolf,pretty crushing I would imagine.Alan the man that got crushed.

Rings False to this Consumer

AUTHOR: Georgedisagrees - (United States of America)

O.k. bud well to me your little story rings false, I do not believe nor can you convince me that you purchased a wolfdog advertised as more than 80% wolf for 700 dollars, that just does not happen, 80%-100% wolfdogs run 1000-1250 thats just how it works unless you purchased a pup that was several months old for cheaper? At 700 dollars what you are getting is NOT 98% wolf like that breeder you keep spouting off about, I realize his wolfdogs look more wolfy then your own, the reason should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.....  To use your random car/house terminology, you payed for a BMW and when you got home you realized that some people sell MERCEDES, so you get home all in a huff and call the BMW dealer saying what the hell you said you had good cars!  The BMW dealer replies we have great cars, they are just not as good as that guys mercedes, BUT since we do not want our BMW's with someone who will not appreciate them nor give them the care they need because hes suddenly doubting their authenticity, we will take the BMW back and give you a refund.  The man sais NO I like the BMW and want to keep it but I want all my money back as well, and an apology that you are not selling mercedes.  If anything I think you owe the suppers an apology, you want your money back and you want to keep the dog, that screams "I am a scam artist who threatened them with slander if they didnt give me a free dog!"

You still have not addressed my issue....

AUTHOR: Georgedisagrees - (United States of America)

I did not see you address what I asked you, I know of the person your talking about and he breeds 98%+ wolf dogs.  Now a 700.00 dollar 98%+ wolf dog is unheard of, for around 700 dollars what I have found on average is anywhere from 20% wolf to 50% wolf, and now you tell me you go to this guys ranch and he has nearly pure wolves and they look more wolfy then your own.  I have glanced at the suppers website a couple times since I have had Caine just glancing and I have NEVER seen a very high content wolf dog advertised for less then 900 dollars, the very low contents sell for around 700.  Do you understand how dominant/recessive genes work?  If you throw in 41%-canine 59% wolf WHY do you expect to get an animal matching the other breeders advertised 98%+ wolf dogs...... he has wolves with 2% dog in them, you on the other hand purchased a dog with 40%-20% wolf.......  if you are expecting your little 700 dollar girl to be on par with his own most likely 1100 dollar + pups you will both be in for a laugh this is true.....  Consider yourself lucky you obviously were not ready for a very high content wolf dog if you hadn't even done enough homework to know this..... and you said you have a family, you are aware the animal you are wanting has high intelligence, a very strong prey drive, and jaws with a strength around 1450 PSI, not exactly Lassie.  I love mine to death but would I ever leave him alone with a woman and child with no large man to regulate?  HECK NO!  To be honest I wouldn't even trust him alone with a MAN that is any smaller then 6 foot tall, but maybe I just know that wolves have been recorded single handedly taking down elk therefore I know his capabilities and don't underestimate him, mine was advertised as 81% and he does NOT look like the mans wolf dogs you spoke of, nor should he because 19% canine genes thrown in there will find there way out, he is my first wolf dog and 81% was as far as I was willing to go this time.  You lucked out accidentally buying a lower percentage wolf dog than you intended, why you are incapable of looking at the advertised percentages and parental lineage is beyond me, but as far as I'm concerned the very high percentages that man sells are for more experienced wolf/wolf dog owners only.

Furthermore you have not addressed Karen when she said she spoke to the DNA analyst in question and all that, are you saying she is outright lying or that the expert was misinformed when he spoke with her, but not with you......  Please clear this up for me I would really like to know where I can go to get a 700$ 98% wolf dog!!

I am now going to email the other breeder in question and ask him If I can have one of his new pups for 700$, then maybe me and him can share a laugh as well?

Going back to square one

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

To review this whole mess because at this point the happy customer does not know what my complaint is,very understandable.Very short and to the point.First I would like to appologize to the Suppers about miss spelling there name.All this time I have been miss spelling there name which is unforgivable.Now back to the complaint,I read the Suppers web page,it spells it out right there Wolf Dog pups for $700.00 and up.At that time it was real simple so I took there word for it and purchased a wolf dog pup for $700.00.After I believe 6 months or so I MEET A FELLA WHO OWNS AND BREEDS Wolf Dogs.I show him what we did and he laughed out loud.At that point he told me and proved to me what we really bought for $700.00.I than went one step further and had our so called wolf dog tested at two different testing facilities.At this point there is the Wolf dog breeder and two test facilities telling us we did not purchase a wolf dog at all.So from those three locations telling us we got ripped ,the complaint comes down to, false advertising.Would you buy a wolf dog that is advertised Husky,chow chow,dashhound,german shepherd and two other breeds for 700 bucks.I think not.That is the complaint, you buy a wolf dog,you get a wolf dog.Instead of getting a mixture of breeds you can find anywhere,let alone pay top dollar for.What the Suppers should have in there add is, In our mind we have mixed breed dogs that look something like wolves so we are offering pups for 700 bucks that when they mature might look like wolves.That is what her add should read.Now would you respond to an add like that?.So the complaint I have is you advertise to sell a car you dont come home with a house.End of story.

How the story gets twisted

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

The happy customer writes, I am wrong,what is wrong with looking to purchase a wolf dog ,read the add and go and pick up your wolf dog.Plain and simple, now after going back and forth alls I am saying I found the add it said 700 bucks for wolf dog.It did not say come on down and pay 700 bucks for a german shepherd, chow chow and 4 other breeds of dogs.The advertising has to go.Now I to am very happy with my chow chow,german shepherd,husky and all the other breeds mixed into my so called wolf dog.If you asdvertise one thing I would like to pay for what the advertiser is advertising.Very clever the Supers have a mix of dog that looks something like a wolf and say hey my wolf dog is worth the big bucks.Not right in my book.Just take a ride and visit the wolf dog kennel in Oleana Ohio,it would be very educational for you.There with out a doubt you will see 98% wolf dog.Better yet let me know if you take the trip out I will meat you there just to see the expression on your face when you see the real thing.

Oh and I forgot....

AUTHOR: Georgedisagrees - (United States of America)

Oh and I just re-read what you have written, you payed 700.00 dollars yet expect a wolfdog matching that other breeders 97.00+% wolfdogs, of course your 50-80% wolfdog will not look like like a 97%+ wolfdog.  That breeder only breeds very high content wolfdogs but also very high content usually runs closer to 950-1200 dollars not 700, seems highly unlikely you bought a 90%+ wolfdog for 700 dollars when I got one around 81% for close to 300 dollars more then what you payed from the same breeder,  but again you get what you pay for bud you get a dog with 20-40% dog compared to 2.7% dog there will be a difference in how much canine shows itself, I am not denying that that other breeders wofldogs look more wolfy then your own, but I do think that you knowingly purchased a dog avertised as less then 70% wolf and now expect them to look just like the other guys 97% wolfdogs... I dont understand what your complaint is.

Seems to me..

AUTHOR: Georgedisagrees - (United States of America)

Like you just wanted a free wolfdog, mine is obviously a wolf-dog.  I do not know how we both went to the same people and got different things but seriously I am positive you are wrong, get you're pup checked out again.  Without me saying anything 3 vets refused to see him because he was obviously a wolfdog, which I tried to deny to each of them, and the fourth knew what he was immediately and we simply put him down as a mix breed to avoid problems with the "humane" society.  But maybe 4 vets are wrong and you and some random old man out in the boondocks are right who am I to judge, the suppers are still in business if your accusations had been so truthful why are the Suppers unfined and still not in jail??  Admit you are wrong and just tried to get one over on them and let it go, or maybe you think you are right but you arent, I have had Caine 2 years if he was a dog he would be full grown, he is still obviously a yearling. This is my last rebuttal I have talked to several people with full grown wolfdogs from the suppers they are the real deal do not listen to this scam artist people!!!!

Responding to the12-19-2009 letter

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

This is the no nothing writing in responce to a happy customer.I am glad you found a Dog from the Supers that fit in with your family.I am not a scam man,all these stories now get all pushed out of context.First where we went to Canada to get Bella tested all absurd.Believe me I blame myself with this whole transaction.I should have looked into and made a shopping list before making the decision.But with this modern day of computers it just made the whole transaction so easy.The bottom line,was looking for a wolf dog pup.Found the web page and one thing led to the driving down to Hillsboro to make the purchase.The Supers did offer a refund but after owning the dog it was very hard to just give a family member away.All of this started by finding out what we really spent our money on.If Karen would just advertise what she really is selling how many people do you know would pay 700 bucks for a Husky.After locating the real thing you yourself can check out what I found out.The dealer that lives off of RT.13 and 250,little one horse town called Oleana,he will answer any questions you have professionally,he knows his stuff.The wolf dogs he raises are not even close to what Karen raises.One trip to his kennel will shock you.The Wolfhaugen kennel raises the WOLF DOG.By no means am I promoting his business ,I am just telling you one visit there would clear any questions right up.Don has been raising these breeds for over 20 years.His kennel is his whole life.He even mentioned to me that the Supers tried to purchase one of his dogs for there business.So just to end this whole mess it real does pay to shop,I made the mistake maybe who ever has been following theses stories might help them not to make the same mistake that I have made.ALAN Ashland,Ohio

Grr

AUTHOR: Georgedisagrees - (United States of America)

Ok for one I didn't even have an account on this website until I read this, this really makes me mad I think you are either misinformed or are you yourself the scam artist.  I have a beautiful boy from chaparral k9 with paws as big as my palm, howls at the moon, he is obviously a wolfdog everyone who seen one before knows what he is immediatly.  He is so intelligent and intuitive more of a companion than a pet, he turns on light switches, opens doors, does all kinds of things and the best thing these people really know what they are doing, he loved and trusted people so much when I got him.  He had this funny habit of staying imbetween my feet when we went outside for safety I guess,  It was cute!  Anyways he sleeps on my bed goes everywhere with me has never growled or snapped at anyone, but when he was a pup I got a view of his jaw power, I am 6'2 250 pounds and he was just a tiny thing and he got a chicken bone, I freaked out trying to get it away from him and his little jaws were so powerful I couldnt move them a centimeter, yea sure not a wolf my bum!!  I have pulled open my old chechloslovakian police dogs mouth before, and he was full grown of course, and Caine was just a puppy didnt move at ALL.  So the point of that story is a dogs jaws are relatively weak around 200-240 ppsi(pounds per square inch).  Timberwolves have been recorded around 1450/ppsi, oh yea and Caines eyes are that glowing yellow color they really freak out my sister when she comes to visit!  My vet immediatly knew that Caine was a wolfdog, although we both agreed chow/shepherd mix would be safer for us on his papers, my vet is an awesome animal lover.  OK so the main point of my rediculously long rant is that you are wrong, and anyone considering getting a pup from chaparral k9 would be doing themselves a great disservice by listening to this know nothing.   I am now considering getting a white german shepherd girl from them and breeding the two once or twice, just so Caine can have that experience, and I owe it to the breeding stock to pass on Caines genetic code due to him being perfect!  Ok I am done with my ranting sorry that was so long if you are still reading this congratulations you made it to the end!

just wanted a $700.00 wolf hybrid dog

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

There is nothing that I refuse to except.After getting the results back from the lab I simply paid $700.00 for a husky,chow-chow-shar-pei,dashhound and german sheperd.Does this sound close to a wolf dog?Not to repeat myself, I just have to say it pays to shop around and not believe the first person that is trying to take your hard earned money.I am just responding to who ever reads this so you do not make the same mistake.If you are looking for a wolf dog you should at least ask for there breeders license and other papers.We did not.So we did not get what we paid for.Very unhappy customer.

#14

Things That Make You Go 'Hmmmm'

AUTHOR: Eileen - (USA)

Though I have no scientific knowledge of dog genes, etc., a friend and I purchased a wolf dog from the Suppers about 2 1/2 years ago, and we are very satisfied.  Disheartened by these recent allegations and hoping they are false, I feel obligated to report that we picked up 'Koa' in person.  The Suppers showed us all of their dogs and around their premises.  I was impressed by the care they seemed to take of their dogs, and by the time Karen spent with us to educate us about many issues facing the health and well-being of our new pup.

Our dog has the size, the markings, the eyes, the feet and quite frankly the 'attitude' of a wolf.  Her hair is longer and courser like a wolf's, and her preferred mode of communication is indeed howling.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.  You know what they say ... If it walks like a wolf and talks like a wolf ...

I hope to hear that this has been one big misunderstanding because when we met the Suppers, I was impressed on how well they seemed to care for their dogs, and I recommended them to many people.  When it all comes down to it, we now have a georgeous dog to love every day.

#15 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

We have owned wolf dogs for almost 20 years and have many very satisfied customers. We started our breeding program with all registered wolf dogs from several different registries, including Texas Wolf Breeders Incorporated Wolf Registries, United Kennel Club, Iowolfers, Canadian Kennel Club, etc.. breeding them with our AKC purebred White German Shepherds with very good hips and mild temperaments. We have kept track of the wolf percentage of all of our animals down through the years but taking the total amount of wolf in the Mother and Father and dividing by two on the theory that a puppy is the Mother and the Father. This method was given to us by other wolf dog breeders and was confirmed by Dr. Kevin Jones BSc PhD MRSC CChem, the DNA expert of BioPet Vet Lab. Dr. Jones is the Chief Scientific Officer and Vice President of BioPet.

BioPet Vet Lab is also where Alan sent his DNA sample from Bella (his wolf dog he purchased from us). Alan complained that he spent $300.00 on the DNA test to BioPet.
Dr. Jones confirmed that he spent $59.00.

Alan's attorney, Jay Bowers, called us several times with threats, wanting us to refund his money without return of the dog. The last time he called me he said that he personally had just taken a DNA sample from Bella, taken it himself to Canada, had it tested and it showed no wolf. All of this happened within just a few hours time - AND ON A SUNDAY !

AKC has around 152 recognized breeds. BioPet Vet Lab has DNA markers in their computer database for about 65 of the 152 breeds. They require DNA samples from hundreds of dogs to give a clear DNA marker for just one AKC purebred dog in their database, so having the markers for all the AKC breeds is quite an undertaking and could take a very long time. The only wolf DNA in BioPet's database is from wolves from the western United States. The wolf dogs in Bella's line all came from Canada. Bella's Mother is Siberian Husky and Canadian Timber wolf, and her father is 96% Canadian Timber Wolf and 4% German Shepherd. Alan complains that he had no knowledge that his wolf dog had any Husky in her, even though this point was discussed on the phone with him during our first conversation, and when he came to pick her up, and he was given photos of both parents (which clearly shows the husky in the mother), plus he included the mothers photo on his signed deposit receipt when he reserved his pup.

The DNA Analysis from BioPet and from DDC gives the breeds of dogs found in Bella as: Siberian Husky
Chow Chow
Chinese Shar-Pei
Dachshund
German Shepherd

DDC is another lab that does DNA testing that Alan sent a DNA sample to. He did not take the time to ask them any questions about their testing apparently, because DDC sends all of their samples to BioPet for Dr. Jones to process.

As explained by Dr. Jones during a phone conversation: " 96.4% of all dog genome comes from the wolf. With NO DNA in the database for the Canadian Timber Wolves there WERE BLANK SPOTS in the test results which means a percentage of the sample could not be recognized, plus another 10% I can't tell but could be wolf." " What the Computer did pick up was the Siberian Husky" (which is in the Mother ). " It also chose the Chow and Shar-Pei because they are older breeds close to the wolf and are from the same geographical location with the Canadian wolf because of an ancient land bridge." " It chose the Dachshund because it is a German Hunting dog going back to the original creation of the German Shepherd." And he said, "The percentage of German Shepherd could also be wolf because of a close shared ancestry."

Alan states that we would not give him a refund.
During our first conversation with Alan's attorney I told him that if they were unhappy with Bella they could return her and I would give them a FULL REFUND. He said No way they will not give her up, they are very happy with her and love her !

I have called Alan and explained the meaning of the breed analysis, as told to me by Dr. Jones. I have also emailed the explanation to him and received back only threats and rantings about the breeds listed by the labs.
Dr. Jones has also sent a letter and emailed Alan trying to explain, with no response.

We are not a puppy mill. We do have several wolf dogs here, that we have rescued over the past 19 years (and have never asked or received one penny to help feed and take care of them.) We have flown from Ohio to Washington state to rescue and bring back altered wolf dogs with no monetary help from anyone, and eventually found good homes for them.
We DO have a kennel license, and ALL of our White German Shepherds are AKC registered. We are not members of AKC because only clubs can be a member, not
individuals.
Our prices range from $350.00 to $1000.00 which we do not have to justify considering what it costs to raise and feed these large animals. There are other breeders on the net right now charging $950.00 for very low % wolf dogs.
Having a business license and charging everyone sales tax starts in January of 2010 in our area according to our city officials, and we are not required to have any special license to have or breed wolf dogs.

If anyone would like to see a picture of Bella just give me a call. With wolf dogs that are several generations from pure wolf, the wolf to dog gene ratio can be spread out among a litter of puppies very randomly. Almost everyone we have met easily understands this just by looking at their own brothers and sisters.

Sincerely, Karen Supper
Chaparral K-9
937-927-5614

CHAPARRAL K-9 DOG TRAINING AND BREEDING

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

Just to bring every one up to date on the Chaparral k-9 business.As this business is being investigated information has been released that the CHAPARRAL K-9 is not a real business.They are not a member of any dog registry.They are not even listed in the AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB.The only thing they are doing is operating a puppy mill,and charging a top dollar.They are NOT licensed to breed there hybrid wolves.As what was told to us before you set out to spend that hard earned cash just get on your computer and talk with real hybrid wolf dog owners.