Complaint Review: CLEARWIRE

• Updated: Fri, March 23, 2012

• Reported By: nashvegasdj — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
CLEARWIRE
1475 120th Ave NE, Bellevue, Washington United States of America

CLEARWIRE CLEAR they promise unlimited uncapped internet service, while throttling and still charging $54.94 each month!!! Bellevue, Washington

*Consumer Comment: lear are total scam artists.

there has to be something we can do to recover from being VIOLATED by these people! $55/month for slower than DSL speed is ridiculous and they seem to be doing NOTHING about it!

the service is WONDERFUL for the first two months or so. THEN, forget about it! it began at 10-15Mbps download on a consistent basis 24 hours a day!! i was ELATED! then, two months in, my speed dropped to 1-3Mbps average and even that only happens late at night. usually, it is less than 1Mbps. FOR  $55/MONTH!!!

they blame the problem on system management (throttling) during peak times, but that is not what we were sold when we signed up. we were told SUPER FAST UNLIMITED UNINTERRUPTED internet service. the deal is that they have managed to OVER SELL their product, and now cannot deliver.

and dont even get me started with their customer service...all you EVER get is scripted answers from them telling you to rotate your modem so as to connect to another tower. yet. you NEVER are able to connect to another tower. the range of answers goes from rotating the modem to there being a problem in the tower that could take a YEAR to fix. meanwhile, they expect thier $55/month ON TIME!

i want what i was promised or i want ALL my money back. something has to be done about these people who are raping their customers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 12:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CLEARWIRE/Bellevue-Washington-98005/CLEARWIRE-CLEAR-they-promise-unlimited-uncapped-internet-service-while-throttling-and-sti-827517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CLEARWIRE

lear are total scam artists.

AUTHOR: Graham1954 - (United States of America)

Like you I was promised ALWAYS ON, UNLIMITED service but then a couple of months ago they emailed me to say they were not going to accept Clarkston WA for new accounts anymore.

For a month the service went back to normal and I got decent speeds 24/7 but then this month I get cut off daily!  Not just throttling but actual loss of service completely.  I have tried to talk to an engineer but the scripted reps won't actually allow it not even after you spend 45-60 minutes trying to tell them you have already done everything they are telling you to do!!

I have managed a work around which is to unplug the modem for 60 seconds then plug it back in.  This works for around 24 hours until again they cut service.  I know it's their tower doing it as when I check the new details from my computer panel the IP details are slightly different.

To my mind they are just trying to force people in areas they no longer want to serve to quit.