• Report: #519572

• Updated: Mon, December 28, 2009

• Reported By: misty — killeen Texas United States of America
COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB
no address Internet United States of America

COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB columbia house DVD club Put a negative on credit report killeen, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Getting back at the scam

*Consumer Comment: Suggestion...

I recently reviewed my credit report because in the process of buying a home, I came across this company RJMDVD and never in my life I had bought or order some dvd online, offline or etc, only at a retail store. I can't get in contact with this company to dispute this matter, I even dispute through the three credit bureas. this has cause my credit score to drop 23 points and yes Im piss. This company doesn't have a address or contact number thta I can get in contact with. The bill is for 78.00 and If I have to pay them 78 I will because this does not make any since. So if anyone who has the same problem with this company, has a contact number, or location please feel free to respond maybe we can do something about this company. I not gonna be a victim of there fraud or misunderstanding, I work hard for my money and for this to happen is BULL!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2009 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COLUMBIA-HOUSE-DVD-CLUB/internet/COLUMBIA-HOUSE-DVD-CLUB-columbia-house-DVD-club-Put-a-negative-on-credit-report-killeen-519572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COLUMBIA HOUSE - DVD CLUB

Getting back at the scam

AUTHOR: bkbrawler - (United States of America)

Robert, great peace of work and great peace of information, the same company reported something on my credit report this year regarding in account i opened in 2005 which i had no such knowledge of. I did some investigation and contacted my district representative who suggested that i call them first and get back to them. After i contacted the company with the information Robert provided. The company acknowledges the mistake and said they are taking off collection and the information should be removed from my credit report. Presently Ive sent a letter to the credit reporting companies to alert them of the change....

Great peace of information Robert, after searching everywhere in the internet you were the only one to provide contact phone number(s) as well as the address

Suggestion...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

RJMDVD is most likely RJM ACQUISITIONS LLC which is a Collection Agency.

RJM Acquisitions

LLC 575 Underhill Blvd. Suite 224

Syosset, NY  11791-3416

Phone Number: (516) 714-1300 (800) 541-0824

If the disputes from the Credit Bureaus come back as verified and remain you will have to take the next step.  That is per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act(FDCPA) you are allowed to request Debt Validation from them.  There are several examples of a DV letter on the Internet.  But just a couple of other pieces of advise send it by Certified Mail with Return Receipt, and do not sign the letter(only type your name).

If they do not validate the debt, they are required to remove the listing from your credit report and stop all further collection activities.  If they do validate the debt, you will have to deal with that as to what the next step would be.