Complaint Review: CONNECT AMERICA MEDICAL ALERT

• Updated: Thu, May 29, 2014

• Reported By: eec — Anaheim California
CONNECT AMERICA MEDICAL ALERT
2193 WEST CHESTER PIKE, BROOMALL, PA 19008 BROOMALL, Pennsylvania USA

CONNECT AMERICA MEDICAL ALERT Received a bill yesterday (6-11-13) for $329.45 out of the blue?? Used this company a few years ago and had a terrible problem resolving cancelling; sent equipment back to them and they kep insisting they didn't get it, etc., etc. Now all of a sudden I get a bill for a one-year period of service dated "Sale Date" 06/01/13 and due 06/16/2013. BROOMALL Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Annual Invoice for $329.45

*UPDATE Employee: $329.45 Bill Received

*UPDATE Employee: Annual Invoice for $329.45

Received a bill yesterday, 6-11-13 from CONNECT AMERICA (Medical Alarm Monitoring Co.) in the amount of $329.45 for a year of their services.  I never signed up for aything and never spoke with anyone.

A few years ago I used this company and paid for a year's service and discontinued it in the proper form, returning their equipment as they requested.  They said they never received it and I had to track it down and finally after much debating with them, I got out of their program.  It was very difficult to end the service.

Now all of a sudden I get a bill for a year's service with an Invoice No. at the top, indicating a sale date of 6/0l/13 and a due date of 6/16/13.  I have no idea what this is about.  How can they generate a bill to someone when I have not spoken to these people for 2-3 years?  I felt that they were a Rip-Off when I tried to end their service the one time I used them; they were terrible to deal with and tried to get more money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CONNECT-AMERICA-MEDICAL-ALERT/BROOMALL-Pennsylvania-19008/CONNECT-AMERICA-MEDICAL-ALERT-Received-a-bill-yesterday-6-11-13-for-32945-out-of-the-1058583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CONNECT AMERICA MEDICAL ALERT

Annual Invoice for $329.45

AUTHOR: Connect America.com, LLC - ()

I am sorry that you didn't have a rebuttal to this prior to today.  I did file about four or five rebuttals, and now that have a message on the account that you can answer only one rebuttal a day or the balance go to spam.

I have no idea why you would get an invoice after cancellation, however, it is very difficult to resolve this problem not knowing who you are.  I do not that in some instances when the account is canceled, the person doing the cancellation fails to remove the billing.  It is a human error and we have been trying to catch them.  If you continue to receive statements, please don't hesitate to email me at barb@connectamerica.com and I will make sure that the problem is resolved, once and for all.

Barbara - Customer Resolution Manager - Medical Alert a Connect America Company

$329.45 Bill Received

Dear Sir/Madam,

In response to your complaint regarding receiving an invoice out of the blue.  If you will contact me via email at barb@connectamerica.com I will gladly look into the matter.  I believe what probably happened, was when your account was canceled, whoever did the cancellation missed a very important step, which is to cancel out the billing.

I am sorry you received this invoice, and I would like to apologize for the hard time you had in cancelling the Medical Alarm.  We don't rip off current or canceled customers, and I am sorry you felt as if we tried to rip you off.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you.  If you will email me with your name and number, I will gladly call you.

Sincerely,

Barbara J. Von Ahne

Customer Resolution Manger

Connect America.com, LLC/Medical Alert

Annual Invoice for $329.45

Dear Sir:

I am sorry you received this invoice, however, I am unable to assist you with this problem since I don't know who you are.  If you would please email me at barb@connectamerica.com , I will gladly look into this matter and get it straightened out for you.

I am sorry that you have had a problem with our company, but I want to assure you that we are a very reputable compnay and wish nothing more than to resolve your problem.

Sincerely,