Complaint Review: Camera Expo, Camera Whiz, Accessories Land, Digital Land, Digital World, Stargate Photo, Starlight

• Submitted: Mon, February 05, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 05, 2007

• Reported By:Kirkwood Missouri
83 Ave. O Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Camera Expo, Camera Whiz, Accessories Land, Digital Land, Digital World, Stargate Photo, Starlight The Camera Whiz - Camera Expo - Bait and Switch, Rip-Off, Canon s80, claimed is was new, paid $300 more for new, sent a used Camera, refused return. Brooklyn New York

Bait and switch operation.

Sorry but I need to educate a little bit about photography.

A "new" pocket sized Canon Powershot S80 with 8.3 megapixle is the most sought after camera by the more experienced photographer in the United States. A "new" Canon s80 was for sale on Amazon.com for $999. Canon discontinued the camera last year.

The reason for the "must have" frenzy is there is absolutely no camera anywhere that even come close to the size with the features of the Canon S80 has with 8.3 megapixles.

This camera can produce photo quality prints up to 20x24. The "manual" mode allows control of aperture setting and shutter speeds from 15 seconds to 2000/second. It also has panoramic photo stitching feature never found in small camera's. This camera is a "must have" camera but I can't afford $999.

I went shopping on the internet on 3pm 2/5/07 eBay had a used S80 for $569. There was not one "new" camera for sale on eBay. So went on the internet and found this page on tithe internet, and the camera was $389. I had to purchase first and then to talk with a fast talking Iranian guy that repeated, "my friend", a hundred. times. It was not a new camera, he said it was a refurbished, but is doesn't say refurbished in the ad I said. He said "my friend, I have only two new camera's my friend, no one, mf friend has a new camera in the whole world I tell you my friend. Ok, Yes or no, my friend. Deal or no dell?"After many "my friends" later I bought a "brand new" Canon S80 camera for $600 including a high speed 1gb memory card.

When the camera arrived, the box had been opened, there was no warranty card and the camera had finger prints and minute scratches. This is my "new" camera that was even worse then the $389 refurbished. This camera is USED. I called that's the way the new camera's come. Hmm, I never heard that comment. Bait and switch, ripping off many people.

David
Kirkwood, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2007 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camera-Expo-Camera-Whiz-Accessories-Land-Digital-Land-Digital-World-Stargate-Photo-Starlight/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/Camera-Expo-Camera-Whiz-Accessories-Land-Digital-Land-Digital-World-Stargate-Photo-S-234511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camera Expo, Camera Whiz, Accessories Land, Digital Land, Digital World, Stargate Photo, Starlight