Complaint Review: Caribbean Cruise Lines

4585 140th Av N ste 1001 clearwater, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 727 260 5356
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Caribbean Cruise Lines Bahamas Celebration Major Leauge SCAM and Ripoff clearwater, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Reporter investigating

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It IS A Scam

Wow, where do I start?  worked in the Clearwater call center, and I gotta say, its the first job I had that made it tough to look at my face in the mirror. Its your basic bait and switch. You get told you were selected for a free cruise for two to the Bahamas...then allegedly its a promotion, and we need to know today if youd like to take advantage of the "offer". Or you lose out. B/S. Due some "due dilligence", google the ship. Now the will tell you to use the top search bar.  The current site is www.2011getaway.com", which takes you to thier site. They  avoid "death by google" that way because of the negative comments. The BBB site has over 800 complaints about this company. Its all based around a timeshare showing down  near ft lauderdale" the beautiful vacation village". Thats the Ft Lauderdale "welcome Center" Now...if you refuse to take the extended stay, which brings you up to 765.00 including the 118.00 port and departure tax...they put a T/O on the phone, who harrases and browbeats the customer into taking the "extended stay". The ramada they set you up in is a dump...now the second part is Orlando...another time share tour, tho they wont tell you about THAT. What usually happens is the T/O's beat up the customer, the customer keeps refusing the extended stay, and THEY CANCEL you out. They tell the reps 'every person you talk to has a credit card' pPuhleeease.....if you dont have a majorcredit/debit....dont waste your time. Anyway, the clearwater office is managed by tom and kelly depergola....they have thier hands in alot of cookie jars, debt consolidation, credit rebuilding, you name it. Best bet, if you want a dollar store cruise,, at dollar store prices, this is for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2011 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Lines/clearwater-Florida-33762/Caribbean-Cruise-Lines-Bahamas-Celebration-Major-Leauge-SCAM-and-Ripoff-clearwater-Florid-785199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Lines

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Reporter investigating

AUTHOR: Brittany Alana Davis - ()

Hi there,

I'm a reporter with the Tampa Bay Times and am investigating this company. Could you please call me when you can? I'm Brittany Alana Davis at 727-445-4155. The Times website is here. http://www.tampabay.com/writers/brittany-alana-davis

Brittany

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It IS A Scam

AUTHOR: Vinhaay - (United States of America)

I've been working for this unethical company for less than a week and already quitted. They got everyone excited during the training, telling them how amazing it is. Everyone was so blind that they didn't even bother questioning what was going on. The new employees truly believed that people were actually getting "free cruises". The employees were like mindless zombies just following orders without question. After the training I got suspicious, the trainers were very "happy go-lucky". Very "fake". I started to get even more and more suspicious.

When I was on the floor taking calls, I got some angry and depressed/disappointed people telling me how they've been scam by "us"(the company) before. Just as I suspected. We're not selling ANYTHING. We're robbing people of their money and happiness. The funny thing is, the new reps think this is all real. I was the only one with any common sense around here. While everyone was walking around all happy go lucky I sat there and ponder. It's like you're trapped in a room with a bunch of mindless zombies with giant smiles on their faces, all taking orders without question, and you're the only person who has any sense of morality and ethics. I tried my best to sound like I'm actually taking calls but deep down I crossed my fingers hoping that no one falls for my trap.

My first day I made over $900 for the company from one single person. It wasn't a good feeling. I didn't care about getting commissioned and I didn't care about the praises I was recieveing. I just felt terrible that I made a gullible family woman spend that much money, hyped up her kids, and then get shut down when she finally realizes that she's not going to be receiving anything. My next day I made close to $200. I didn't even try that day. I let so many people go, trying to save as many people from falling for this trap as possible. But the T/Os always listen in so I have to sound convincing. I usually froze when I get to the last part of the pitch, asking for their credit card. Not because I can't convince them, but because I don't want to.

All in all. I've had 2 days of training, 2 days of work, and I quit on the 5th. I didn't even go in the 5th day, I just called in and quit. They lie to their employees and lie to their customers. It's like Hitler brainwashing the German people into discriminating against Jews. This company is brainwashing their employees into scamming people. I want no part in this.