Complaint Review: Carol Anderson By Invitation

• Updated: Thu, March 11, 2010

• Reported By:Camp Verde Arizona
Carol Anderson By Invitation
www.cabionline.com Internet U.S.A.

Carol Anderson By Invitation Blouse has unfinished sleeve and bottom hems, told by consultant "That's how it's made, you're past 30 days to return." Internet

*Consumer Comment: Product Quality Experience

*Consumer Comment: Use a credit card and dispute it

While pressing butterfly tee #559 on 7-18-09, I noticed the hems on the sleeves and bottom of the blouse did not have a binding like the neckline hem. Because this is a knit fabric, eventually they will become ragged and unkempt looking. At $64.00, I feel the product was misrepresented. I was told it was high-end fashion quality before purchasing from their catalog.

When I emailed the CABi consultant from whom I had purchased the product, I was informed, "This is how it is manufactured. Mine is like that also." Since this item was shipped to me on 5-12-09, it was past the 30 days in which to accept returns and exchanges, provided the merchandise is unused. I did not have occasion to wear the item sooner and had washed it prior to pressing. Unfinished hems are not high-end quality. I believe it is defective and would either like my money back or have this replaced with a blouse which has all hems properly finished.

On the CAbi website, I did not find anywhere to express my dissatisfaction directly to CAbi. Perhaps their response would have been different. On my receipt it states: "To return an item, please call your Independent CAbi Consultant."

Marcy
Camp Verde, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2009 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carol-Anderson-By-Invitation/internet/Carol-Anderson-By-Invitation-Blouse-has-unfinished-sleeve-and-bottom-hems-told-by-consult-473824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carol Anderson By Invitation

Product Quality Experience

AUTHOR: Jenny Burns - (United States of America)

Hi Marcy,

I have been shopping CAbi for a number of years and overall my experience with the quality of thier items have been very good.  I did have a quality issue on a skirt a few seasons ago - the seam was coming apart at the bottom of the zipper.  I contacted my CAbi Consultant about way after the 30 days and she took care of it right away with the company.  She said that if there is a quality problem the company will stand behind it... just like Nordstroms would.  Maybe you should let your Consultant know that CAbi has taken care of other quality issues and that they will probably do the same for you is she asks.  I hope that is helpful.  Jenny Burns

Use a credit card and dispute it

AUTHOR: Carol - (United States of America)

Hi Marcy,

Thank you for posting. I had trouble with CAbi refunding my money after I obtained a RMA and sent back the package with the mailing lable they provided. My consultant would not take up my case to the corporate office for me. Instead, I had to take matters into my own hands and file a claim with American Express. Thankfully, they refunded my money. In this case, I may have paid with a credit card, and taken photos of the unfinished seam and mailed them along with the dispute paperwork. I would also find another CAbi consulant who is willing to work with you. My consultant was a good woman, she was just not tenacious enough to help and customer service-oriented - so I found one who is.