Complaint Review: Cellular Plus

• Submitted: Wed, September 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:Hohenwald Tennessee
Cellular Plus
1800 Gen. Geo. Patton Drive Franklin, Tennessee U.S.A.

Cellular Plus, Cingular Wireless dishonest hiring practices Franklin Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Beware of Cell Plus

*UPDATE Employee: Just thank god you dident start there and waste your time

*Consumer Comment: Know the feeling

!st interview was a half hour. 2nd was 2and1/2 hrs. Both went very well. Was offered a position as sales associate. Accepted the job offer. began turning down other job offers. Was told to report for training the following Wednesday.

On Tues. received a call asking if it was ok if training could be delayed until the following Monday. Ok by me. As a courtesy I was asked if I would like to stop in the store just to observe the goings on that Friday. No expectations, just come in to see what it was like. Stayed from 9am -2pm. Filled out my timesheet.

Upon arriving home I recieved a phone call telling me I was fired and not to even show up for training. There must be some law against this. CEO clearly had mgt. opportunities for me and the store mgr. fired me.

Chris
Hohenwald, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2006 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-Plus/Franklin-Tennessee/Cellular-Plus-Cingular-Wireless-dishonest-hiring-practices-Franklin-Tennessee-210904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular Plus

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Beware of Cell Plus

AUTHOR: anonymous - (USA)

Out of the whole time I worked there, which was over a year, I got maybe three or four commission checks that WEREN'T negative. Someone really needs to investigate that because I, nor anyone else I know, have ever heard of such a thing. And Scott Jones can make it sound as flowery as possible, but it's wrong and it's an injustice.

They also would fire people and put it down on record that they quit so they couldn't collect unemployment.

Another one of my concerns about the company was their trade-in phone policy. When a customer gets an upgrade on their phone, they're forced to trade in their old phone or we had to charge them a $20 fee. We had so many complaints about that. And when I spoke up about trying to change that policy, I got chewed out. Even though I had dozens of customer complaints backing me up. That was a breaking point for me.

I wish I would've had the legal power to fight against the way I was treated. I wish we all would've stood up together and done something about it. But people like Scott and Chad Jones intimidate. I'm glad I found this website though. Don't let people walk all over you, don't take their crap.

Just thank god you dident start there and waste your time

AUTHOR: Fighting The Ignorance - (U.S.A.)

I have been at cell plus for a very short time now, and let me tell you. Be glad that you dident start there and waste your time. these people will charge you money at the month and you will end up owing money to them which they will take out of your "shift bonuses" ($40) for a 10 hour day. you are better off man.

Know the feeling

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

Have interview with cingular 2 times and interviews go well but never hear anything. I think from what i am seeing in pa stores they like to hire young people. I have over 10 years of sales expericene. I am a former employee of there bigest competitor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks cell phone salesperson

lots